PDA

View Full Version : God I love week days

NAGG
08-08-2011, 11:10 PM
Hi All

Gee I hate fishing weekends ::) Hit the water yesterday afternoon ....... not too bad - plenty of boats out there - but only a couple coming in :)
Get out to my location - sweet!!! 8-)boat free zone! - but as I learnt ( again) do not ever appear to know what you are doing !!!:( ......... over a 2 hour period I was joined by several other boats that tried to anchor on top of me ...... dragged their anchor past me - start , stop , start their engines again - had to tell 2 boats that I would be casting to where they were attempting to anchor their boat .
FFS .... why do they not know about giving another boat their space ?

GOD I LOVE WEEKDAYS!

Chris

finga
09-08-2011, 06:58 AM
Wednesdays are better Chris.
Too many rostered days off on Mondays and Fridays for my liking.

NAGG
09-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Wednesdays are better Chris.
Too many rostered days off on Mondays and Fridays for my liking.

Got a bit of a shock when I went out last thurs afternoon as well ........ there must have been at least 5 trailers at the ramp:P

Chris

Sheik
09-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Ahh come one Nagg... just be grateful you've got a boat. I wouldn't mind being able to be parked on by another boat. But yeah, I know what you mean. Same on the roads right? Especially the old speed up on hte overtaking lanes trick. Good one for the trip down from Bundy and Maryborough. Amazing how much extra go they can get when those double lanes loom up.
I reckon I can help you out though. No-one fishes next to the Dudds. Not sure why that might be. Throwing things. Swearing. Falling overboard maybe? What you need is to borrow Skipper, Pommers, Doughers, Stuffer or Boobs. I rent them out. Solves all your problemmos.

NAGG
09-08-2011, 09:06 AM
Ahh come one Nagg... just be grateful you've got a boat. I wouldn't mind being able to be parked on by another boat. But yeah, I know what you mean. Same on the roads right? Especially the old speed up on hte overtaking lanes trick. Good one for the trip down from Bundy and Maryborough. Amazing how much extra go they can get when those double lanes loom up.
I reckon I can help you out though. No-one fishes next to the Dudds. Not sure why that might be. Throwing things. Swearing. Falling overboard maybe? What you need is to borrow Skipper, Pommers, Doughers, Stuffer or Boobs. I rent them out. Solves all your problemmos.

no thanks ........
Having someone fish nearby is not a drama ........ but when you have to fend them off as they are about to crash into you when they cant get their anchor to bite is something else ( yes that happened! ...... a litttle tinny called blue shark ) .
Why do people throw anchors ? - do boaties / deckies not realise that a tangled chain doesn't work real well.
Its just damn annoying when you have clanging anchors & constant reving of outboads & then they end up that close that you loose an area to cast too ......... when you can read the depth on their sounder its just a bit too close!!!

Chris

Sheik
09-08-2011, 03:41 PM
no thanks ........
Having someone fish nearby is not a drama ........ but when you have to fend them off as they are about to crash into you when they cant get their anchor to bite is something else ( yes that happened! ...... a litttle tinny called blue shark ) .
Why do people throw anchors ? - do boaties / deckies not realise that a tangled chain doesn't work real well.
Its just damn annoying when you have clanging anchors & constant reving of outboads & then they end up that close that you loose an area to cast too ......... when you can read the depth on their sounder its just a bit too close!!!

Chris
I'm with you mate. I don't know why they do it. We were out at Murphy's a couple of months ago and there wasn't a boat in sight so old mate parked within twenty metres of us... It's like people are afraid of the bllody water or something. ..

PinHead
09-08-2011, 03:57 PM
they are just being sociable.could not imagine being out there fishing in the middle of the week..too quiet.

tropicrows
09-08-2011, 04:11 PM
I agree unless it’s a mate go fish in your on your own and not next to me.

It reminds me a story of an old guy I sometimes fished with out of Adelaide. He fished every second Wednesdays and knew exactly where the whiting were biting. Anyway he’s out fishing, and this boat pulls up next to him, drops the pick and is hanging parallel with his boat but only 5 meters away. So George instead of giving his usual verbal abuse, said catch this and threw a rope over to the other boat and tells the guy to tie it off. Then George pulls the two boats together and tells the other guy to hop in and fish from my boat. The other guy didn’t know what to do and just looked at him, and then George let loose with a verbal abuse that went on and on. The other guy up anchored and moved out of sight.

finga
09-08-2011, 05:33 PM
After the dope was in my boat I would have cut the rope and then pushed his boat off and then see what old matey did.

Giffo65
09-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Damned annoying,the ocean is a big place.These are the people, that when you park at the shops with 6 empty spaces either side of you,they park right next to you on your drivers side.

NAGG
09-08-2011, 06:34 PM
So .... how close is acceptable ?

Chris

wayno60
09-08-2011, 06:48 PM
haVe to agree, give me a tue wed or thur any time......

PinHead
09-08-2011, 07:29 PM
So .... how close is acceptable ?

Chris

a couple of metres is plenty...they might have some good tucker on board.

NAGG
09-08-2011, 08:06 PM

true ...... I didn't mind asian food !

Shawn 66
10-08-2011, 07:38 AM

Or a halfway decent looking female.
Shawn

rabbi
10-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Get used to it guys.
It aint gonna get any better, probly worse.

Bloody door to door boats here on the Richmond in the middle of the week in winter!!

Just wait til summer gets here:P

pescados
12-08-2011, 04:17 PM
It still amazes me, an ocean so big, so much water and space , yet some inbred idiots have to sit on top of a boat. ggggggggrrrrrrrr

Scott Ashe
13-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Hi,
I too prefer to fish through the week and usually do on a thursday, because my mate is usually able to head out for a fish while his kids are daycare. he works night shift.It's definatly quieter I also fish on weekends occasionally because my other mate works weekdays, as I can't go out by myself because of my disability(for the safety factor), but if I could I would.
Cheers
Scott

NAGG
13-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Hi,
I too prefer to fish through the week and usually do on a thursday, because my mate is usually able to head out for a fish while his kids are daycare. he works night shift.It's definatly quieter I also fish on weekends occasionally because my other mate works weekdays, as I can't go out by myself because of my disability(for the safety factor), but if I could I would.
Cheers
Scott

It certainly is good if you have someone to join you ....... but hey just as good to be out on your own (if you can) - Yes a trip out on a weekday can be magic .
I guess I could have gone out today ...... but - nah ...... just need to deal with the crowds , people who have no idea at the ramp ..... and someone that wants to anchor on top of you

Chris

Hornblower
14-08-2011, 03:38 PM

Never mind the tucker, just lean over, open their esky and help yourself to one of their drinks and then ask em, haven't you got anything colder?