PDA

View Full Version : offshore 13/2/11 then the bay

rosco1974
13-02-2011, 07:31 PM
headed out to the northern 29's this morning from manly ...the run across the bay was quiet good with around.5mtr chop...going up the rous i joined the convoy of boats heading out..the lead boat was a cat around the 20ft mark..we headed through the northen channel with nothing on it...not sure if the cat owner is on this site but he waited at the start of the bar till everybody caught up then lead the way through it and seemed to wait out the back till everybody got through..onya mate..now to the fishing we got to the 29's and the first drop by me the missus and my youngfella all hooked up to double headers of just under squire in the early 30cm ,my next drop i got a good trevally and the younfella got a keeper squire 36cm...we got a fish for the box the next 3-4 drifts then it shut down...we ended up with 2 squire biggest 50cm a pigfish,husser,sweep the travelly and a few sargent baker kept for bait next trip.

we headed in around 9 to the rous for a few tings we fished for an hr or so an ended up with 28 tings biggest 32cm and the rest from 25cm and up good tings...all and all was a great day out with a good feed....the highlight of the day was the youngfella christened his new t-curve he got for his bday and the stradic 8000 he got for xmas with a keeper squire..hopefully he will catch plenty more with it...all reef fish caught on mullet flesh and the tings on gulp worms

cheers rosco

Kdog
14-02-2011, 08:01 AM
Good on Ya Rosco,

Sounds like you and the family had a top day out mate,and its good to see the young fella getting amoungst them as well,he certainly has a top teacher!!

Anyhow Rosco and family, well done.

Oh,and on a side note, might be heading out there next Sat morn if the weather holds true.

ozassassin
14-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Good to see you had the opportunity to take out the family, and on top of that you got to take home some fish can't argue with that. sounds like the young fella is hooked.

Eric

rosco1974
14-02-2011, 05:14 PM
he loves his fishing alright...when we got back to the rous it pissed down rain me and the missus stayed under the bimni and he put his raincoat on and fished in it ..loves it
cheers rosco

Horse
14-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Nice sized Tings there Rosco. 25cm-32cm makes the filleting easy. I noticed a few pots starting to show around the Rous area on Sunday so the Autumn run should not be far away

rosco1974
14-02-2011, 07:02 PM
yeah neil..will try green this weekend and maybe put a few at my spot x..spoke to a mate who's uncle is a pro at straddie he said the numbers are on the rise
cheers rosco

ddobson
15-02-2011, 03:16 PM
Nice going with a good feed there. Boy that son has good taste in gear. Good set up for the little fella and i bet he gets some good hits on that. Did you not see any trolling around hooking anything.

rosco1974
15-02-2011, 07:50 PM
nah mate didn't see any trolling ,a workmate who was out the 29's as well trolled back to the bar for 2 tuna kept another 2 released and he lost 2 or3 lures
cheers rosco