PDA

View Full Version : 1st feed of sandies for 2011

rosco1974
04-01-2011, 09:17 AM
took my 13ft tinny for a spin yesterday to drop a few pots in the southernbay.headed out to my usual spot and there where pots everywhere so went for a run back to in between coochie and macleay.droped 4 pots in for the nite went back this morning and got 15 good sandies..was a bit iffy with the fresh around but seems to be good numbers down that way...i used whole mullet i bought from a tackle shop down viccy point..must of been atleast 6 months old as when i cut it in half there was no blood in it at all.rebaited the pots with good mullet frames so will see how i go tommorrow
cheers rosco

Benno1
04-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Now thats a feed...good one Rosco...those pics are making me darn hungry!!!
Cheers for the pics and report :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

jackamundi
04-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the report! Makes me envious.... Thanks for sharing your efforts. I'm in Bundy heading down to Brisvegas and tossing up whether to bring the tinny down or not...so you may have influenced me to do so. I did have two questions...Have you had any trouble with crabs/pots disappearing? What depth were you sitting them in? Cheers Jackamundi

rosco1974
04-01-2011, 02:39 PM
jackamundi,
i do loose a few pots from time to time but of late havn't lost any touch wood.i had them in around the 4.5mtr mark...prob be worth bringin the tinny down as the river should have a few muddies in it when the water clears up a bit more
cheers rosco

MICHAELG
04-01-2011, 06:58 PM
well done Rosco-
u need to change your name to the crab whisper!. i spoke to a pro on sunday at the boat ramp and he said things had started to improve a bit, he reckons he looses over 100 pots a year-bloody hell hard way to make a living

I might put some pots out over the w'end ,not sure as to what I'll chase yet.

cheers
michael

Axl
04-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Well done mate and thanks for the report. I am heading out tomorrow might have to head for Coochie and the Pelican banks instead of the Rouse.

I should be there around 05:30/06:00 ill kepp my eye out for a tinnie instead of the big black one.

rosco1974
04-01-2011, 07:36 PM
axl
i will be up the rous around 7.30 after i do my pots...i would give the pelican banks a miss bugger all there.only tiny whiting

michael,
yeah sure is a hard way to make a living...my oldman spoke to a mate of his who went out with a pro from straddie who crabbed around the rous out of 50 pots the got 35 keepers...dont think he would of even covered his bait outlay....
cheers rosco

trueblue
04-01-2011, 07:47 PM
I crabbed the cockle banks a couple of weeks ago, about 80 jennies for less than 10 keepers. will have to try after all the fresh goes

Axl
04-01-2011, 08:20 PM
axl
i will be up the rous around 7.30 after i do my pots...i would give the pelican banks a miss bugger all there.only tiny whiting

Thanks mate I got your PM see you there.

[quote=trueblue;1238776]I crabbed the cockle banks a couple of weeks ago, about 80 jennies for less than 10 keepers. will have to try after all the fresh goes

I had the same thing happen to me at Green a few weeks back and there wasnt alot of fresh out there then. I am going to try a bit deeper water tomorrow 30 plus foot and see what happens.