PDA

View Full Version : spoties

fishandchips
12-12-2010, 07:44 PM
went for a run in the pissing rain this morning sick of sitting at home,plains were to head out a bit and do some trolling but after talking to smithy who had already bagged out on spoties the call was made to stay close and chase them.as soon as we got around point cartwright there were birds and fish working everywhere, started throwing some slugs around and wasn't long before we had a nice mac tuna on board we got ten or so but couldn't find the spoties move in a bit closer right on to the drum lines and there they were at one stage we were getting hits every cast, ended up with 14 one under our bag all in all a good day with good mates in very wet conditions . sorry no pics. LUKE

Horse
12-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Sounds like a great day. It looks like they are on from up your way to the GC

jason p
12-12-2010, 08:56 PM
well done mate, it would of been fairly calm out there to. were you only catching them on slugs? no trawling? thanks for the heads up. fingers crossed the wind will be light on thursday and i might get a window to get out there.

cheers jp

gavsgonefishing
13-12-2010, 07:02 AM
Luke,

Were you in the SeaTrek cat?, we were in the small cat, ended up going to curri, then out to the gneerings to see what was happening.

Gee those Pros are good at what they do.

The only place it was happening was out the front, although there are still some kingys on the gneerings. Curri and raper was void on any life, there were a few schools on the way down there but the only spot that was firing was were you were

gav

BLOOEY
13-12-2010, 08:46 AM
Woooohoooo!;D Great stuff mate thanks for posting. Ben

Smithy
13-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Gav,

Luke was in the Quinnie but Dan was in the Seatrek.

fishandchips
13-12-2010, 06:43 PM
well done mate, it would of been fairly calm out there to. were you only catching them on slugs? no trawling? thanks for the heads up. fingers crossed the wind will be light on thursday and i might get a window to get out there.

cheers jpyeah all on the slugs Jason. and like smithy said we were in the quinie gav

SWANO1
13-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Hey luke
well done mate on the spots, still no swains report??,hope the wet hasn't cost ya 2 much work, been flat stick with work only been offshore twice since we got home and a few quick bay trips from scarby, few big grassies showing up on snapbacks round the place and been stocking up on swimmers and coral crabs for crissy dinner, even took the young fella to npd for his first go at redclaw this arvo .
we betta get togetha for a beer n fish real soon mate.
cheers swano

mooloolaba
14-12-2010, 10:21 AM
cheers,the info was great took the chance this morning, , birds and fish working around the island didnt take long before we found a couple good size tuna's, their were alot of patches of fish very suprised at the size at start they only looked around 1-4kg but alittle more searching the different patches around the island to see good 10kg plus patch of tuna untill it almost seemed they were pushed out by the rising sun and hundreds of small mackeral around 1/2 a kilo at that,
The bait was small around an inch and a half,
im back off to my local shop for abit more gear, only just started getting into offshore fishing mainly have my bottom dunkers so my two mates , one driving, one telling the driver what to do, and me fishing with my solo spin, i was lovin it..so cheers for the report

fishandchips
14-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Hey luke
well done mate on the spots, still no swains report??,hope the wet hasn't cost ya 2 much work, been flat stick with work only been offshore twice since we got home and a few quick bay trips from scarby, few big grassies showing up on snapbacks round the place and been stocking up on swimmers and coral crabs for crissy dinner, even took the young fella to npd for his first go at redclaw this arvo .
we betta get togetha for a beer n fish real soon mate.
cheers swanothanks mate,thats the first time been out since that sunday we got back,been flat out to,when i get a chance weather is shit.try and catch up in the next few weeks. luke

fishandchips
14-12-2010, 05:00 PM
cheers,the info was great took the chance this morning, , birds and fish working around the island didnt take long before we found a couple good size tuna's, their were alot of patches of fish very suprised at the size at start they only looked around 1-4kg but alittle more searching the different patches around the island to see good 10kg plus patch of tuna untill it almost seemed they were pushed out by the rising sun and hundreds of small mackeral around 1/2 a kilo at that,
The bait was small around an inch and a half,
im back off to my local shop for abit more gear, only just started getting into offshore fishing mainly have my bottom dunkers so my two mates , one driving, one telling the driver what to do, and me fishing with my solo spin, i was lovin it..so cheers for the reportglad to be of some help sounds like you had fun. did you buy that boat from a guy called stu?

mooloolaba
15-12-2010, 12:13 PM
yeah, spent my first years growing up with stu and that, so it was good to get his boat. I took the misses out today handed her six good size mac tuna's. now she knows why I love me fishing. seen a couple of boats and a few dudes in a tinnie who got to close to fast and drove straight over the fish i was working, lucky there was plenty of things happening so just drove over to the next break in the water..plenty of good times now i got every thing running smoothly....