PDA

View Full Version : 1770

Fish_gutz
20-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Went up to 1770 with Jarhead (Wal the skipper) and FTR (Matty) for an overnighter Wed and Thurs just gone . Fished around Boult and surrounding reefs , spent the night @ Fitzroy. was a bit bumpy in the mornings with a bit of northerly blowin but glassed out around lunch time both days . Ended up with a decent feed of reefies and had a top time with good food , great company and a freezer stocked up for christmas .Biggest trout went 4.4 , Red went 3.8 and LN emporer went 4.8kg. All caught on pillies and Hussar flesh baits
Love the boat Wal she`s a top unit . When is the next trip ;D?

Cheers Andrew

No Fear
20-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Nice little haul there! Weather in the background looks terrible!!!

Keen to get up there soon and have a crack at the reds and break the virginity on one of thos trout!!

Good work and well done!

littlemac
20-11-2010, 02:32 PM
nice going andrew,
that's a soild feed, the weather looks like it played the game.

well done

cheers

brett

poolman
20-11-2010, 02:49 PM
nice when it all comes together up there .

TREVELLY
20-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Well done Wal, Matty and Andrew - you guys got in a good trip just before the real crap weather moved in from the North.

The sounder show looks like the last time I was at the Banks only my fish were 6" pearlies :-? - Anyway a few nice trout in that bunch of yours.

Surely you will have them all eaten and need to replenish before Christmas ;)

I was hopeful for two days fishing this weekend but have been grounded - must admit though last time I was stupid enough to go out in weather like this I had the place to myself - the things that got broke too - anyway better to spend days like this doing maintenance and wishing for better next weekend.

A good bag of reefies guys - mid-week trips are a bonus if you can do them.

twotins
20-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Good work boys, I didnt get there this year but you have just renewed my enthusiasm for a quick run up there. Thanks Shawn.

vertico
20-11-2010, 06:54 PM
good stuff guys, cant wait till i get back up there to feed my pet reds :P
sean

XtremeBoony
20-11-2010, 08:46 PM
yep one of my favourite pieces of paradise out there fella's, well done on a top mixed bag 8-)

cheers from boony

P.S ummm should be catching reds sean o not feeding them :P

Dean1
21-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Nice feed mate its where its at hey! I got a good haul myself up there last weekend its great having a full freezer isnt it ;D

goggles
21-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Nice work boys, next time i'll have to take my holidays same time. Wayno

jarhead
21-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Don't worry Muz, the next trip won't be to far away. Having said that this weather has'nt been to helpfull with windows of opportunity. It's trips like that one that keep me sane.

Nice work boys, next time i'll have to take my holidays same time. Wayno

Hey Wayno, we were supposed to do the same trip in October but the weather did'nt line up with week 12. Will give you the heads up on the next trip.

Cheers Wal

mangomick
22-11-2010, 02:57 AM
Good one Mate. We fished the Cabbage patch near Erskine Wednesday afternoon and ended up heading in behind Masthead wednesday night to get out of the slop. Ended up with 20 assorted reefies but headed home early when deckie turned green.
It was too uncomfortable to fish the night time run up tide sitting in that Northerly and I was only getting sharks in close to Masthead.

Fish_gutz
22-11-2010, 09:18 AM
Cheers for the reply`s fellas ,
Brett (littlemac) the weather did behave , thought it would have been sloppier but it was pretty comfy.
Dean1 it`s always good to have the freezer stocked .....till the inlaws get wind of it!
Mangomick.... glad you still managed a feed , even with a green one onboard!

Cheers Andrew

bondy99
22-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Congratulations Fish_Gutz (Andrew),

Sounds like you have you and your mates had a great outing although abit bumpy trip, nice to see some good fish caught.

How long did it take you to get to 1770 from where you reside?

Cheers, Peter

Fish_gutz
22-11-2010, 08:59 PM

Cheers, Peter[/quote]

Not sure Bondy , I was snoozing:sleeping:! about 5 1/2 from northside and six or so from southside.
Andrew

f.t.r.
23-11-2010, 10:21 AM

Cheers, Peter

Not sure Bondy , I was snoozing:sleeping:! about 5 1/2 from northside and six or so from southside.
Andrew[/quote]

it felt like a lot longer than 5 1/2 listening to you snore!

matty

SWANY22
23-11-2010, 10:23 AM
awsome effort defently a nice couple of trout there well done

Fish_gutz
23-11-2010, 01:31 PM
it felt like a lot longer than 5 1/2 listening to you snore!

matty[/quote]

5 1/2 hours goes really quick when your asleep! I didn`t hear any snoring?

Hey Swanny pop in for a bag of fillets.

BrummyBoi
24-11-2010, 06:31 PM
wicked catch mate, good to see the weather held up for ya's!
when u taken me fishin nxt muz!

keep up the good work