PDA

View Full Version : Curtain Kings N Cod

Rainbowrunner
18-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Weather was perfect today, so headed for Redcliffe for some live pike and then across to Curtain Artificial reef. Had one run when we anchored up that did me around a wreck then nothing for a while. So decided to do few drifts across the reef. Didn't that make a difference! ended up with 3 nice kings and a Cod after quite a few bust offs, about 12-4 the fish beat us today.

Made a video last time we went out on how to catch live pike for bait for those that haven't seen it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U_dLAKPXiA

big_steve001
18-10-2010, 08:38 PM
nice fish there mate

sleepygreg
18-10-2010, 09:16 PM
Nice fish there Peter. You did well to keep the kingies out of the wrecks.

Greg

Angla
18-10-2010, 11:58 PM
You make the Bait gathering and converting to Kingies look easy.

Great video with plenty of good advice for the novices

Cheers
Chris

SWANY22
18-10-2010, 11:59 PM
awsome stuff nothing better when ya locked up defently gets the blood pumping.

BodenBungi
19-10-2010, 07:14 AM
thats some good fish mate well done

sarg
19-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Nice fish!! Shame about the bust offs.

The weather was perfect I was out at scarbrough reef thinking if i didn't have my 2 young kids with me and if i had a full tank of fuel and i didn't have to go to work at 3 it would have been an easy run over :(

Neckrofish
19-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Nice fish guys and a great little video - very informative.

Do you ever have much grief coming back from curtin in your boat when the weather plays up?

Cheeers,
Rob

honda900
19-10-2010, 06:00 PM
nice work pete, good kingies..

regards
Honda.

Rainbowrunner
19-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Nice fish guys and a great little video - very informative.

Do you ever have much grief coming back from curtin in your boat when the weather plays up?

Cheeers,
Rob

get a few days where we get really wet, just have to watch the weather and try not to come back with a decent NE and outgoing tide. Came back from Bulwer to Scarborough once with the ex-missus and the kids blowin about 20knots from the NE with a large outgoing tide, that was the last time she ever came in the boat ;D

Horse
19-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Came back from Bulwer to Scarborough once with the ex-missus and the kids blowin about 20knots from the NE with a large outgoing tide, that was the last time she ever came in the boat ;D

Was it mentioned in the divorce proceedings:P

Nice fish from an area I have never got a handle on despite quite a few attempts

Cheers

Neil

wesfish
21-10-2010, 06:40 AM
wow, top kingies and chunky cod!!

ddobson
22-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Nice fish there mate. I hope that wasnt what bricked me about 4 weeks ago at curtain. I have bigger gear ready for the big boys there but a calm rain free day is far and between eh. Good day drifting seems to be a lot better than anchored and busted off is the key eh. Well done boyz. DD