PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw vs Venus Fish

poppers81
20-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Hi all,
Have been thinking about getting a kayak for a little while but I am a little unsure on what to get. Like most things in life seem to be a little overwhelmed for choice. Have narrowed it done to the following for now but I'm open to new suggestions. Being quite a big lad (6'3' and 140kg) was after something that is rather stable. Not looking for anything too hardcore with this kayak, a paddle down the coast in the canals, maybe up the upper reachess chasing some bass, just a bit of exercise. Can't really see me going offshore or anything like that.

Brings me to the question, In your opinon what is the better yak. The outlaw or the Venus fish. I have looked into the prices of both and are at my budget limit..

If anyone reads this and are looking to offload a yak of this nature or similar feel free to PM the details.

Look forward to everyones opinons

Thanks

Poppers

LostNearBribie
23-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Mate I have had an Outlaw for just over a year and love it.
I'm 120kg+ and it has no problems at all with me and a full payload of gear.
I have had my wife and daughter in it with me and still no problems.
Very stable and easily handled solo. I have not seen or paddled a Venus, so I can't comment on that one.
If you are ever up Bribie way feel free to contact me and go for a paddle.

Red.

poppers81
23-09-2010, 11:54 PM
Hey Red,
Thanks for your input. Made the leap today and purchased a venus. Went for a paddle already and it handles the way i expected it would.. Stoked! The place called a snake had 30% of all kayaks and assc which really made the price to good to pass up.. The deal is only for 4 days so the impulse kicked in. Now just to christen it with some scales..

Cheers

Andy

LostNearBribie
24-09-2010, 07:42 AM
Mate the might dollar is the determining factor in most of my decisions also.
I got my Outlaw at a bargain price.
I hope it serves you well and look forward to some reports.

pilgrim
08-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Love my Venus 11 angler, the only critisism i have about it, is that you can't stand up in it like you apparently can in the outlaw. Otherwise the Venus is a great yak.

poppers81
11-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Pilgrim,
Mate I am super happy with mine after having it for a couple of weeks. Have had a ball on it so far just wish the weather was better lately.. OOO Well!!

Did you make any adjustments with the anchor etc?

Poppers