PDA

View Full Version : Bundy Run

lampuki
01-09-2010, 01:39 PM
Decision was made last Thursday to venture to new ground......Returned to my place of birth...Bundy.

Left Friday Morning at gentlemens hours, and with Anthony at the helm I was sure he would place us on some fish. We had to do some kms to find some ground, but sure enough, by Friday evening, Anthony found some ground for us to fish on.

Anthony boated a red and I landed a Jobfish......I was hoping it was a Red....but soon realised it wasnt to be....a call of AJ came through.....then as it came further up the water column, we could tell it was a good sized jobfish.

Went to some deeper ground and landed some snaps. Returned to the mark we fished in the arvo, with some nice fish boated, we anchored up for the night. I landed my first Red in a long time. It went over 9kg. Anthony landed a monster Jack - the biggest I have seen in real life.....He had just caught a small red bass......I originally called it as another bass, only to find it was a good jack.

Unfortuantley, we swung off the mark at night time.....and some sleep was in order. In the morning, we tried to anchor up on the mark without joy...so we drifted some more....Landed another Red.

Lunch time came and we headed to shallow ground.....Anthony got busted off by what looked like a massive trout.....

Called full time. Run in started off a bit bumpy heading into a moderate SW, but flattened off as we got closer in. Was back in around 3 in the arvo.

Thanks heaps to Anthony for a great session.....good weather, whales, dolphins, some decent fish and good company.

Steve.

lampuki
01-09-2010, 01:45 PM
more pics....

Benno1
01-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Top shelf stuff...is that PEtackle in the gobs of those fish Steve???...did you use anything else or was the lures enough???
Great pics and report...cheers mate :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

lampuki
01-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Benno.

Yeah, all the flies are PE tackle gear. Strip baits in conjuction with the flies......

Te Whiti
01-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Well done Steve and Anthony

Thats a great trip...all the more because it was on new ground.

You'd be filling that GPS....

Mark

vertico
01-09-2010, 04:22 PM
nice work fellars, I told yah those reds would be coming soon enough Stephen!
good stuff
I just love those crazy Jesus eyes Stephen!
Sean

lampuki
01-09-2010, 04:37 PM
hahaha....

Sean, thanks for taking my order with such short notice.

vertico
01-09-2010, 05:35 PM
apparently he was a giggling schoolgirl mess when that first red was slid into the net :P

perko
01-09-2010, 05:53 PM
Well done guys. That Anthony gets around. How many peoples boats you got the keys to now.

Spot82
01-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Well done guys. That Anthony gets around. How many peoples boats you got the keys to now.

Only my parents and Sean's, waiting on the keys to a kevlacat that is well and truely under-used :P

Have to catch up for a fish soon mate, hope you haven't been working too hard ;)

Anthony

lampuki
01-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Sean, no apparently about it, I was a happy camper - been a long time between reds.

We were actually fishing out of Anthony's parents boat. So thanks again to Anthony for taking me out for a fish!

Fishbait
01-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Awesome fish again guys. That's a top shelf Snapper! Love all the red pics - thank god for colour computer monitors hey. Have a great weekend. Darren

wags on the water
01-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the report guys. I'm heading off Bundy on Friday, possibly Sat as well. How far did you travel?

Regards,
Wags

brisbane_boy
01-09-2010, 07:23 PM
what was the specs on the bigger snapper they look pretty large. much other vermin reefys or did you just get quality like that

DALEPRICE
01-09-2010, 07:52 PM
some nice fish in that lot guys,
do you use the deck winches to catch most of the fish or
rod and reel? looks like fairly light sort of rods in the pictures ?
cheers dale

fishandchips
01-09-2010, 08:06 PM
some good fish there Steve,did you put that jack on the scales? Luke

jtpython
01-09-2010, 08:51 PM
And he's coming here don't you work
JT

lampuki
01-09-2010, 10:37 PM
answers on the way....

Spot82
01-09-2010, 10:41 PM
what was the specs on the bigger snapper they look pretty large. much other vermin reefys or did you just get quality like that

The snaps were around the 8kg mark and caught in 160 metres. We honestly caught bugger all vermin, only when we went into the shallows (10-30m)at Herald Patches, out in the deeper stuff all the fish we landed were quality, 13 fish filled the 150L esky :)

Mostly rod and reel, I used the winch in the 160m for the snaps while Steve toughed it out on the rod and reel in that depth, we only did two drifts for 4 snaps and drove off and left them because I didn't go 100km offshore to catch snapper :P The gear in the pics is a JDM Stella 6000 on a 15-30lb rod with 50lb braid and the other is a stella 10 000 on a 15-30lb GH offshore rod with 80lb braid, not really light combos... both were mainly for decoration on the trip as I used my standard torsa/loomis combo and Steve was using Tyrnos/Livefibre combo for most of the trip.

Jack went 8.1kg on the lie detector - Pic attached gives you a better idea of the size of the beast.

Wags - We did 290kms - Bundy to the lightship and up to Herald Patches and running around in between and back to Bundy...

JT i am always working ;) Just like i'll be working at whooping your ass on saturday haha ;D

Anthony