PDA

View Full Version : donnybrook in the fresh

robersl
07-03-2010, 10:48 AM
Hi All i woke to a fairly nice morning so went to donybrook chucked a couple of dillies in the boat for a look see as well got to the rsmp about 5.30am launched in tanin water at the ramp the main passage was not much better so i set the dillies and went and got a few yabbies off the bank as it was starting show ,rechecked the dillies first 1 had a big jenny muddie and a big buck sitting on the edge of the dillies that of course fell back into the water when i lifted the dillie the next 3 all had jennie muddies and small bucks in them so ester and had a fish hooked a few small tings a flattie and 2 grunter all released rechecked the dillies full again of female mud crabs so moved them and went and sat in about a 2.5 m deep channel and fished for tings landing 3 to 30 cm headed home at 9.30

shane

jameshallam
07-03-2010, 10:58 AM
um dilles are ielegal now dont get caught

sandbankmagnet
07-03-2010, 11:06 AM
2nd of April is the end of dillies.

http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/28_3065.htm

Why some rules are introduced at the start of one month and others the start of the next month makes me scratch my head.

gitto
07-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Had two pots knocked off from mouth of glassy on saturday also talk to another bloke who lost one in same area. PRICKS

robersl
07-03-2010, 04:02 PM
um dilles are ielegal now dont get caught

Hi James no worries mate i rechecked ;ast night to make sure they were still legal as a local paper had misinformation in it during the week 2nd april for dillies and 1 march for tarwhine bream and tailor sizes

shane

robersl
07-03-2010, 04:05 PM
hi gitto plenty of pots in the maine channell with white or blue floast on did no see anyone checking them when i was out i think all the muddies are in the deeper water at the moment with all this fresh if we get no more rain i would start going back to glassy around wednesday with pots

sorry to hear you lost a couple

beejay1947
07-03-2010, 11:55 PM
G'day guys.
I wasn't aware the use of dillies was to be illegal from next month.
Just read the DPI reference quoted earlier in this thread, and the way I read it,it is only the inverted dilly (witches hat) which is to be outlawed, and the "traditional" dilly (net under the hoop) should still be OK

Regards Bruce

robersl
08-03-2010, 06:43 AM
G'day guys.
I wasn't aware the use of dillies was to be illegal from next month.
Just read the DPI reference quoted earlier in this thread, and the way I read it,it is only the inverted dilly (witches hat) which is to be outlawed, and the "traditional" dilly (net under the hoop) should still be OK

Regards Bruce\

Hi Bruce that is the way i read it as well but there is talk around that fisheries are not sure of the regs themselves and there is talk they will not be allowing them either but who knows they say inverted dillies but do not say that you can not use the mesh so who knows if you can say maybe do a crabpot up with the mesh it still would not be and inverted dillie and would be no different to a pot unless the have a legal mesh size for pots i am still trying to find out

shane

alleycat
08-03-2010, 07:27 AM
I went for a walk over the hornibrook bridge yesterday and saw a guy walking off with a huge crab pot ( most likely had it sunk) with 3 huge bucks inside so the muddies must be moving..

robersl
08-03-2010, 09:26 AM
yep that they are but only in the main channels due to all the fresh as the alt water sits below the fresh

shane

Fishbait
12-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Hey Shane, I was out on Sunday too. The water is real tanin / dirty hey!
Bit quiet at Bribie end but scored 3 nice bream at 33cm and 32cm each up at Toorbul though. Didn't see you around - you up Lime Pocket way again? Can't wait for this wind to go hey! Catch up soon again. Cheers mate, Darren.

robersl
13-03-2010, 06:01 AM
Hi Darren i was on the bank over from poverty crek most of the morning ,we went out tuesday night for a couple of hours and picked up another 3 tings and a bream in the same spot

shane