PDA

View Full Version : little bities

Jeremy
25-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Did an allnighter down the river Wed evening. Started off chasing sharks near the mouth and there were plenty around. I had got heaps of perfect 8" mullet in the net, plus had some tuna fillet and some other baits on board.

Caught three from about 65 cm to 90 cm, plus pulled the hooks on probably double that number. Had one on that took about 150 m of line before the hooks pulled. Bugga! Also caught some big catties. All released and good fun on the light gear. I believe they are blacktip whaler sharks?

Had a fish in the morning around the pipeline for a threadie but I am buggered if I can get one to take a lure. I am prepared to give an open invitation to anyone who has caught a few on lures to come out in my boat anytime.

Jeremy

bondy99
25-12-2009, 09:15 PM
G'day Jeremy,

Never caught a threadie on a lure, would like to go for a night session with you after a couple of small sharks and a threadfin salmon. I'm sure they are around. Squid was used by a mate and landed a threadfin, size 6/0 hook.

Send me a pm and let me know.
Merry Christmas

Cheers, Peter

Duyz72
25-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Hi Jeremy, nice to see you still getting out and about.

.:::stotty:::.
25-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Hey mate,

Im in Mackay atm, but Troy said he is keen to come out and show you a few things.

Just give him a ring, ill pm you his number.

Matt

bundylundy
27-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Good to see you having fun on those river whalers, hoping to have a bash at the threadies while down visiting Darryl over New Year's. Will let you know how I go.

Jeff.

Jeremy
27-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Good luck with that Jeff. Hope the weather improves.
Jeremy

tailorboi99
27-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the report Jeremy, hopefully when this weather becomes better I'll be able to hook a few.

Cheers Tom

shrunken pojie
28-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Hi Jeremy,

What gear were you using to get those sharks? I am looking at going after a few myself and have some chrissy presents to spend!

Phill

PS, great catch by the way.

Phill

ddobson
29-12-2009, 09:17 AM
I have been told there heaps of sharks around now ans i have had no hook ups at dark in the bat islands. I know why there all down there lol. I have hooked a large catty and boy do they run on light gear. Do you eat any of them sharks or is it just for fun. God fun when the weather is like this. Cheers