PDA

View Full Version : Moreton 21st Dec

Reel Blue
21-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Trolled skirted lures around from the cape up to NE of Hutchies till about 1pm today. Was extremely quiet with no bait located anywhere. My son lost a solid dollie, maybe 8-10 kg next to the boat, but thankfully followed it up with a smaller fish later on. These were the only two fish to provide any excitement.

A word of warning to anyone fishing this area in the near future. On the way home we nearly ran over masses of very solid timber floating between Combi and the Cape. I'm talking solid posts that would cause great damage to your boat if you hit them at speed. Looks like they have fallen from a container ship in the last couple of days as the timber looked new.

I doubt it was an Ausfish member, but if the person who caved in my right trailer mudguard and damaged the trailer frame at Spinnaker Sound Boatramp today reads this I'd like to say thanks a lot. Thanks to you I will now have to be repairing the damage done. It was probably the wind that blew away the note that you left leaving your contact details and apology...........I never did find it.:P

Midnight
21-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Gday,
Nice Mahi Mahi mate.

I can confirm the debri in the water, we hit something VERY solid in the water around Yellow Patch on the way out in the morning. I put it down to a big turtle or a log initially. I never saw what it was though, so I will go with the timber.

It made a big bang and was actually enough force for the stern drive "break away" to let go. I pulled up quickly and dropped the pick, got the mask and snorkle on but thankfully could find no damage.

Bugger about your trailer

Cheers,
Myles

Angla
21-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the timber.

That is a pretty good looking dolly

Cheers
Chris

reel scream
22-12-2009, 08:04 AM
Great photo Martin. The young bloke would be stoked.
Pity about the idiots lack of responsability in regards to your trailer.

Cheers
Scott

Tinlegs
22-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Nice fish mate - and sorry to hear about the damage to your trailer. People can be grubs.

We saw quite a bit of that timber out there on Sunday - we actually picked quite a bit of it up and brought it home, we figured that there's no way I'd want us or anyone else to hit one of those lumps.

See my girl Mozziemagnet's (Eleanor) post for the fish we caught out there.

Cheers,

Mark

captain rednut
22-12-2009, 08:36 PM
hi i brought back a boat load of timber today just in time for it to dry out for the new year eve bonfire, and i was dissapionted to see the dolpin fish werent hiding under it as first thought?. anyway cant complain still got a couple of dollies today! no billies not happy!
thanks jim

sleepygreg
22-12-2009, 11:40 PM
Nice Dollie. Shame about the grub that wrecked your trailer. Anyone can make a mistake/error of judgement, but surely they could have left their details so you could let the insurance companies sort it out. A bit like the ar$eholes that open their car doors onto your car, or in my instance, back into your car leaving a coupla hundred $ worth of damage in the supermarket carpark.

Hey Jim, are you going to attempt to take out the under 7's again at the billie tournament in January? The entry form has just been published.

Cheers
Greg

TCSunCoast
23-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Reel Blue, shame about the trailer the note must still be in the car park. I thought fisho's were a responsible bunch.

Sleepygreg, Jim won't be winning the under 7's comp at Bribie. The crew from 'Out Quoting' will be.

Jim, hows it going? hope to catch up for a beer at Bribie, looking forward to it. Will be entering Out Quoting and looks like Vitimin R will get a run as well. See you down there.

Tony

Benno1
23-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Great looking fish...thanks for the report :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny