PDA

View Full Version : Bathtime,Flatties,Cod.

bigjimg
01-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Met up with the lads at Manly at 4.30,Matt[Biosbro]and Nigel and loaded up the gear.The boys had gone to a party the night before and went straight to the ramp afterwards arriving there at about 2.30:D .Anyhow they assured me they had behaved.A flat trip across the bay we arrived at the bar at around 5.45 and as i hadn't crossed since the beginning of the year i misread the channel and we all got an early morning bath.We copped a backwash that pushed the port bow into a starboard wave and sent it up the windscreen and through the clears,the result probably 40ltrs of water over the dash and into and onto us:'( .We promptly got the flock outer there.Anyhow once correctly into the channel no worries.It doesn't take much to get the adrenalin pumping.Once outside we headed out to some proven country in the past only to pull one under size pearly.From there on couldn't raise a scale for awhile,wasn't from lack of trying but at least the conditions were perfect.Matt was having some difficulty with remaining upright and needed the bunks for sometime::) All his burlying efforts never helped us though.We fished the southern 29's later in the morning and got onto some decent flathead of all things.By this stage we didn't complain.I made the call to head back in before the tide change to fish one of my cod marks that has been resting for over twelve months.Negotiated the bar without getting wet and arrived at ground zero and set the peg.I let the boys fish while i sliced and diced the burly,well it didn't take long for the first customer a cod at 75cm.Got 3 more in quick succession that went 58 65 70 cm and 1 painted sweety at 55cm.So we ended the day with 7 Flatties 4 Cod and 1 Slatey.Matt is gonna stick the pictures up.Now i've got some cleaning up to do,salt water belongs under the boat not in it.Jim

outsiderskip
02-11-2009, 05:44 AM
nice fishing
must be good cod hole in the bay

pete

Horse
02-11-2009, 07:43 AM
Well done. Those Cod honey holes certainly produce the goods but need a good rest in between hits. Bet you the trip through the bar woke the boys up a bit

bigjimg
02-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Gidday Horse and Pete.The cod spot redeemed us and yes they can't be over fished they need that break for others to take up residence.No good flogging it too death.The trip through the bar woke me up too,lots of sand at the Amity end forming banks is very shallow at low tide.Jim

dogsbody
03-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Some tasty fillets there. 3 stooges ride again eh.

Dave

Mattg68
03-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Some tasty fillets there. 3 stooges ride again eh.

Dave

woo, woo, woo, woo, woo, wiseguy huh. naaaaahhhhhh.

2 adrenalin moments - 1. briny bathtime 2. cod hole session.

all in all a good day..........eventually.

thanks again bigjimg for the ride. (ya missed a spot).

matt