PDA

View Full Version : shark attack

skinss
01-11-2009, 12:27 PM
How lucky was a guy out friday morning paddleing he's KAYAKE and a four-metre great white shark attacked him flipped off the kayak and spent a terrifying 15 minutes in the water.

What i dont understand is the water was 15deg i thought they come around when the waters hotter.thay have been catching big snapper and it was very shallow.
And it didnt come back to eat him very luck man it looks like we r going to have a bad yr with these sharks every couple off yrs they come back in big numbers.ripping burly pots off the back of boats starting with the bigest shark down to the smallest.

tunaticer
01-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Another shark that has grown a metre overnight.

GWS's like colder waters, hence you find many more of them around South Aus and the southern tip of Africa. They will venture into waters well into the high 20's though but most often can be found in waters from 10-18c the data shows.

rando
01-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Hey tunaticer

I think its a matter of perspective.
If a shark swims past a boat it appears about..... 200mm? longer than it is.
If it swims past a kayak it appears about 300 mm longer.;)
but if it grabs hold of the kayak/boat/prop shakes the shit out of it ,, it starts to look much larger.
if it manages to tip the occupant into the water ,,,they suddenly appear to be huge.
:o:o,,, really quite amazing how the brain works;D

wilcara
01-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Well you guys can stay and argue about how big it was but I think that if it was me in the kayak I would be walking on water for the very first time.

culbara
01-11-2009, 08:24 PM
It it was me he would be trying to get a very dirty taste out of his mouth

spelchek
02-11-2009, 02:17 PM
You 'yakkers are nuckin futs.

And I mean that in the nicest, and most admiring sort of way.