PDA

View Full Version : GC Snapper, but zip for me

trueblue
19-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Got an invite again from Vertico to come for a ride out off the goldy for a quick morning session.

We were out there before first light and tried for some livies on good shows - but no go, nothing touching a jig. Tried baiting the jigs, still no go, not a touch.

Headed out wider, and did some bottom bashing.

My young bloke caught his first nobby today, which he was stoked about. Under 50 cm, but with a good shaped nob on it for a fish that size.

Sean the fish magnet scored a couple of 4+ kg snapper on gulps during what was a very quiet session.

Got annoyed when another boat anchored in the middle of our drift line. Both boats had been sharing the drift without any dramas, then he decided to anchor right on the line. a$$hole.

Headed back in closer and tried for livies again - lots of good show, and nothing touched the bait jig again. strange.

Back at the ramp before noon. Observed several good examples of how ramp rage can erupt, with some idiots on the ramp and in the water around the ramp, but thats another story.

What did I catch? SFA.......... but a great day out.

cheers

Mick

vertico
19-07-2009, 09:00 PM
nice quick little trip mate not bad for the goldy...

Angla
19-07-2009, 10:18 PM
I see what you mean about a well shaped knob on Tim's fish.

Sorry to hear about the knobs on the land and sea.

Cheers
Chris

vertico
22-07-2009, 10:33 PM
yerh i can see how there is ramp rage with people just backing up to the water then untieing everything in peak times.

Jurkyjj
23-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Mate, BAD LUCK.
There is nothing more frustrating than being in a boat and having everybody else around you catch fish and you cannot raise a scale.
At least you had a great time and love being on the water.
Best of luck for next time and I hope your luck changes for the better.

Cheers, Jason.

Jurkyjj
23-07-2009, 04:42 PM
By the way,
Congrats to Sean for the fish.
Nice snapper there.
Well Done.

Jason.

frankgrimes
23-07-2009, 05:23 PM
We were out there before first light and tried for some livies on good shows - but no go, nothing touching a jig. Tried baiting the jigs, still no go, not a touch.

Was the same on Sund..good shows, but wouldn't touch the jig.

Mick