PDA

View Full Version : fishing from a kayak Morton Bay

MEG-A-BITE
02-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Hi there can any one tell me what the fishing is like in the bay fishing from a fishing ski.(Kayak)
I would like to get my self a new ski and start fishing the mortan bay area,any suggestions on common fish found with in padeling distance?do you ever use SP for fish like snapper and others in the bay.What do most of you fish for in the bay fish species?

I did a lot of fishing on my ski in South Africa but this area will be new to me so looking for some advice.

Thanks

LostNearBribie
02-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Have sent you a PM mate.

Just_chips
03-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Good fish in the bay for kayakers. Popular areas are the Shallow inshore reefs of Redcliffe and Wellington Point as well as around the southern bay islands fishing for snapper, jew, cod,sweetlip, bream, and the occasional pelagic such as tuna, mackeral and tailor. If you head up or down the coast and try your luck with surf launches then you could be chasing the bigger pelagics on a more consistent basis as well as the above mentioned rocky reef species, add to this some kingfish and cobia that are also regularly caught within paddling distance of land and your oppportunities are endless. This is without mentioning how easy it is to quietly paddle around in the creeks dams and estuaries with the exceptional stealth factor that a kayak brings with it.

Kev

Swindells
09-09-2009, 04:09 PM
I've seen a few guys kayak to straddie, wouldn't be too hard with the right weather.