PDA

View Full Version : tuesday at donnybrook

bowds13
03-03-2009, 04:20 PM
had plans of going to moreton this morning but my mates dad decided ot take the boat instead an take his new g/f sight seeing we werent to impressed so made the call to go to donny brook got to the ramp at 6am put the boat in an went off to pump some yabbies got what i needed an headed off to find a nice spot i ended up finding a nice drop off that was out of the water cause of the low tide so i hung around there till the tide started to come in an water started to run in to the side creek i was at had a mate with me who was fishing with bait only an he got a little flattie straight up that went 38 then 1 more that went 36 i had finaly sorted my rods out got the plastic in the water. cast after cast nothing so i decided to get out the boat an walk the shallow water 3 steps from the boat i feel movment under my foot i jumped about 10ft inthe air thinkign sting ray an a flattie i would have called between 50-60cm takes off F*#k i cant believe i didnt see him sitting there the whoel time probly becuz i left my glasses at home an couldnt see much inthe water. had used about 10 different plastics an the switch blade for nothing change to a hard body an first cast bang a nice little flattie about 44cm by that time i was starting to cook cuz i for got the sun screen so we headed back to the ramp but stopped off along the way for a few whiting.
wasnt a bad apart from the sore arm haha.

cheers

lunatic
03-03-2009, 07:01 PM
G'day Bowds,
Yeah, we were out at Donnybrook over the weekend and the missus landed a nice 50cm flatty on the ever faithful nuclear chook.

I caught squat.

Cheers,
Lunatic

JayT
04-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Hey Bowds,
The best placcy by far i have found around Donny is the old Atomic 3inch fat grug in crawdad colour (seem to be phasing them out these days an was just lucky to grab the last pack of the shelf from my local bcf the other day), fair dinkim mate, picked up 17 good to better than average lizards at the mouth of poverty creek on the run out tide once with my bro within an hour an a half session, mostly all catch an release but kept a couple for a feed, anyways seem to be giving away a few good secrets these days but as long as people arent greedy theres still some quality fish to be had in the passage, my last post should be fair testiment to that,
Anyways mate happy days an give the old crawdad grub a go if you can find them,
Cheers Thorpy