PDA

View Full Version : 5 of a Kind (all red)

Just_chips
20-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Hey Team,
Hit up one of the creeks off the Pummicestone Passage this morning from 5am with Bro-in-law ‘Mick’ on our kayaks.
We ended up having a fantastic session on the target species – Mangrove Jack. Total for the day was 3 to myself at 36cm, 45cm & 47cm and 2 for Mick (his first Jacks ever) 43cm & 45cm. It was windy and overcast with the occasional rain squall but it didn’t seem to deter the fish who were probably a bit fired up after the last few days of hot weather.
I got mine on an 85mm predatek spoonbill in gold and a clear/green sx48. Mick got both his on the troll on a Manns stretch 5+.
Kept 2, 1 each and release the rest.
Merry Christmas all,
Kev.

BLOOEY
22-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Thats a great result on the jacks. Congrats. Did you get your'e lure snagged at all? If so how do you get them back Off the yak? I've used the normal tackle backs that slide down the line but find it a bit of a handful from the yak if there is any wind around. Ben

MeePee_99
22-12-2008, 09:42 AM
Awesome work, well done.

Just_chips
22-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Thats a great result on the jacks. Congrats. Did you get your'e lure snagged at all? If so how do you get them back Off the yak? I've used the normal tackle backs that slide down the line but find it a bit of a handful from the yak if there is any wind around. Ben

Hey Ben,

I didn't need to pull out the tackleback during that session, the couple of times that I did snag up the lure came away easily if I paddled back around to the opposite side and give it a pull or let the line go slack to allow it to float off the snag.

I agree the tackleback is a pain in the butt from the yak but if you anchor up to negate the drift before sending it down it makes it a bit easier. Seems like alot of trouble to go to but these lures don't get any cheaper.

Most of my problems come from retrieving lures from trees. ::)

Kev

StevenM
22-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Great Haul of Red Devils mate

Some awsome colours amongst them