PDA

View Full Version : Silly season at Noosa

Just_chips
15-12-2008, 11:56 AM
Team,

I'm Heading up to Noosa for a week in January 10th - 17th and was wondering what my best targets for the week will be (obviously wather dependant).

I will primarily be land based but I will have my kayak with me also(which is a capable offshore craft if the weather plays the game). Lure fishing with plastics and hardbaits preferable but live bait sessions not out of the question either.

Since this is a family holiday, my fishing time will be limited to probably dawns, dusks & night sessions. Probably with the occasional daytime session with the family probably chasing whiting landased along the river.

My question is what would be the best targets for me to chase something that is going to go a bit harder. Jacks, Trevs, Flatties and Cod are all available in this river but at this time of year with the seasonal influx of boat traffic are they a viable option? If so, what are some of the better general areas to target them? Also I'm looking for locations to launch the kayak to fish spots such as Woods Bay, Munna Point bridge etc. (maybe the boat ramp at the Munna Point Caravan park? but what parking options do I have here?)

I'm not a gumby, I can find fish for myself but I only have a week of limited options so I'm not looking for secret spots, just general areas to get me started as I have not really fished this area much before.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, obviously PM details if you don't wish the world to see.

Cheers all and have a safe and happy Christmas

Kev

TimiBoy
15-12-2008, 12:04 PM
...I'm not a gumby...

I can't help with your request, but I am terribly upset at your suggestion that Gumby is anything other than a SuperHero!!! If you were Gumby you would catch fish on demand!!!;D;D;D

Merry ;Dhristmas to you too!

Cheers,

Tim

Just_chips
15-12-2008, 12:20 PM
I believe Gumby is special also Timi, no offence intended ::)

Kev