PDA

View Full Version : Kaskazi Kayaks?

TimiBoy
03-12-2008, 08:48 PM
In the interest of getting fit, I'm thinking of a kayak. Someone suggested these to me a long time ago. They read well, but the website hasn't been updated for a while, I wonder if they are serious? Are they any good?

Cheers,

Tim

Fishbait
08-12-2008, 07:43 AM
Good onya Tim - I'd love to get a Kayak oneday myself. How much you thinking of buying one for. New or secondhand? Cheers, Darren.

Brett1907
08-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Hi Tim, I haven't been on this site for a while but will give my 2 cents worth. I LOVE my kayak. I have a Hobie Quest Fish and bought my wife an Ocean Kayak Venus 11 which she enjoys too. They are great for fitness, especially trolling offshore which I have only done for the first time this morning. My shoulders have a bit of an ach now and it feels great.

Definately get one, but try some first. You can hire kayaks from a couple of shops on the Gold Coast and I'm sure there are some in brissy that will hire too.

Brett

TimiBoy
08-12-2008, 08:11 PM
I paddled a Kaskazi a year or so ago, and it was very, very good. Light as a feather, and very stable indeed. Nicely kitted for fishing, too. I'm not too fazed about price, I'll get what works, they are over $3K per. Seems no one knows about them!

Cheers,

Tim