PDA

View Full Version : Quicky off the ville

Fisher4life
19-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Headed wide off townsville with thumpa and a reef fishin newbie about 120k off in search of new ground. the trip out was hard goin, but bareable into the wind, weather got worse as the day progressed so headed home early with some good trout and red throat onboard plus a few new marks in the GPS.

Driving around the reef we interrupted a large school of flying fish and the boat was soon surrounded by fish flying everywhere, it was a sight to see as they we had easily 100 fish flying along side the boat.

Cheers
Josh

Pics
Mate's first ever trout and first fish for trip, it was jagged through the eye and into the brain and was dead before it hit the surface, he thought he had a clump of weed on his line...
Red throat
Moray eel

Kendall249
19-11-2008, 09:56 PM
couple nice fish there Josh, always good to see a mate get his first of any specie. Definately clocked up some K's for a quicky, for that many k's so how good the 175 zuk is on fuel. what size boat did you head out in and how much fuel used?

Kendall

levinge
19-11-2008, 10:13 PM
Josh, good effort, where abouts did you end up???

horseboy
20-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Good to see the boat getting wet i was wondering how it was going good to see some fish coming abored.

Wade

Fishin_Dan
20-11-2008, 09:26 AM
Nice boys! Good to see some good fish coming in from Townsville

Benno1
20-11-2008, 10:00 AM
good to see you getting out amongst it mate...quality catch :D...i bet those flying fish made for an interesting day!!!...we've seena few on our trips out the the reef...but never in numbers like that...COOL!!!
cheers for the piccies and report :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

ronnien
20-11-2008, 08:33 PM
good on ya josh,
how many trout & rte was caught? top effort!

ron.

Fisher4life
21-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Kendall "thumpa" is approx 7.5mtr plate stessl. This is only the third reef trip with the new motor and we got 1.75k to the litre in the ordinary conditions this trip.... more then doubling the economy of the old twin 70hp johnson 2strokes that used to power the boat.

Ron
Not sure about the total catch i think it was around 15 trout and half a doven or so Red Throat.... plus a few other table fish

Cheers
Josh

Scott nthQld
21-11-2008, 06:04 PM
good to see others got a few too last weekend. Did you end up pushing out to Broadhurst or did you visit another reef?

Does thumpa go out to Davies at all? Everytime I've been out there (charters) the trout have been biting hard and the smallest I've seen pulled from there went 4kg. I've pulled several 6kg+ models from there myself.

I'm pretty sure its all yellow zone, so double headers aren't a possibility (but there is ways you can get around it).

Fisher4life
21-11-2008, 07:02 PM
yeah scott we've checked out davies, broadhurst and the like, all good ground, but the fish have to be biting on the day

Davies is all yellow

ronnien
22-11-2008, 08:52 AM
thanks josh

my boss is my old boss (worked with for years), sold his noble super-v (6mtr).
& has just about finished his new project a stecco( spelling) 8-9 mtr plate alloy boat with a 225hp 4 stroke yamaha! awesome looking boat, once he has finished it it's game on he tells me. so there should be alot of good reports coming from me soon!

ron.