PDA

View Full Version : A Day With Searunner

Tim_N
29-10-2008, 05:35 PM
I got a call from Searunner yesterday about the chances of trying out some of my BioBaits. Yeah, sure, let's take your boat. The skipper also took a box of IQF pillies as he was a bait fisho and not totally convinced of soft plastics, but was willing to try.
We headed out early from Bribie in good conditions to try to tangle with some Cobia and hopefully a Snapper or 2.
Well, the Snapper and Cobia came out to play, but we had a shocking hook-up rate. We boated 3 fish for the day, plus 1 undersized Red Emperor which went back, and dropped or pulled the hooks on another 12 very good fish. Talk about frustrating, but that's fishing and some days you can't miss. Not today, miss we did and plenty of it.
Craig (aka Searunner) got his first ever fish on SP, the nearly 7 kg model in the pic. This fell to Strawberry and so to did its 2.2 kg mate. The Cobia which went 10 kg fell victim to a Electric Chicken.
The ride home was excellent as the sea conditions improved and we came across 2 whale in 6 meters of water when running across the banks. Amazing, and they weren't little ones either.
Apart from not staying connected as I would have hoped, the day was excellent, thanks Searaider.
By the way, all fish were caught on SP's and we didn't loose fish to a Pilly rig all day.
Tim

searunner
29-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Hey Tim it's searunner not searaider. Thanks for a great day and for converting me to SP.

Craig

reel scream
29-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Well done Timi and Craig. Congrats on your first plastic caught fish Craig- what a craker to start with. Good to hear those bio baits i got off you do catch fish Tim. Were they at the spot we have been talking about Tim? Hopefully Craig wont pass it on to too many others. Too many allready know of it now hey.

Cheers Scott.

searunner
29-10-2008, 06:02 PM
secret safe with me Scott

skipalong
29-10-2008, 07:12 PM
well done mate where there many cobes your saw or just bust offs nice weather and great pics mate well done

cheers justin

Tim_N
29-10-2008, 07:32 PM
We had a couple of Cobia following the boat when we pulled up at one point, just coming up to check us out. They were more welcome tha the Dolphins who wouldn't leave us alone, and they would follow us when we restarted a drift.
Scott, different spot today.
Tim

catfishkid
29-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Looks like a great day was had by all,I am still trying to get the plastics sussed,I dont dismiss them but still catch more on bait.I wil continue to learn though.
Congrats on some nice fish.

Cheers Craig

Benno1
29-10-2008, 09:40 PM
another good days work in the office :D
cheers for the piccies and report...

Mrs Benno1

reel scream
29-10-2008, 10:48 PM
Scott, different spot today.
Tim

Now youv'e got me interested Timi

Cheers Scott

SWANO1
30-10-2008, 04:30 AM
nice snap and great report guys
cheers swano

dazza
30-10-2008, 12:15 PM
top effort guy's
those bio baits are the goods, hell of alot cheper than the gulp's
craig- nice first fish on the sp's, top effort. tim has it pretty wired and will teach you heaps
cheers
dazza

-spiro-
30-10-2008, 05:05 PM
i might have to repaint the boat so it's not so reflective in that cobe spot. Seems like everyone is finding it

Tim_N
30-10-2008, 05:26 PM
It was a lot quieter there 15 years ago believe me. The species we used to catch there back then that I haven't seen for years is sad. Charter boats loading up too frequently isn't too good either. Last time I was out there a commercial line fisho trolled that close to me, I didn't even have to raise my voice to tell him to !@#$ off. He told me to get stuffed and get used to it because he was a Pro. Great attitude. So I told him to !@#$ off again. Yesterday I got pinged by another Charter operator and he came and sat straight over the bait school we had located and would't budge. He eventually caught nothing and moved on.
So with GPS technology and Radar, the days of secret spots is long gone, unfortunately. You only take people out to such fragile spots that you know will respect the area. My whinge for the day, sorry.
Tim