PDA

View Full Version : North of the Bay

webby
16-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Left sunday for our annual Breaksea Spit trip, got as far as Gympie, phone rings, Geoff here mate, have gen set probs trips off:'( shite.
Pull to side of road just out of Gympie, make numberous calls to all those coming stretched out from Brisssy, boys trips off.:-[
Shite this far nth, taken week off, not going home empty handed. take my passenger back to brissy.
Make some calls to skippers i no at rainbow, first off Tony Stewart, mate have a couple desperate for a fish, ????????.
Yeah sure Monday ok can get you on, you need a bed for the nite, i answer bloody oath, done deal.;D
Phone around all those heading up, anyone still want a fish, ended up with 4.
Back up to rainbow for the night, and down to the bowls club for a session to drown the sorrows after 360 kl travelled that arvo.:o
Also make another call to the Farmer Fisho Ivan, mate need a fish, what you up too, he replies, not fishing at present, shite i said, desperate mate, so he agrees to take us out on tuesday, done deal.;D
Up early next morn, and onboard the 32 ft cougar cat, and out through the bar.
Things quite for awhile, but a steady stream of fish filling the esky, back in late arvo and down to the bowls club again.
Next morning pickup up by Ivan in his 7.5m sailfish powered by 2 x 15o hondas, out through fishermens gutter, a short cut through the bar, pick up some livies and off we go.
Few big bust offs to start the day, then settleed in to fill the esky, plenty of small reds, but a steady supply of snaps, pearlie, maori cod, tuskies and others.
Ended up with another good feed, spotted a few whales, then back in for the trip home.
small taste below of some catches.

MJ-Apache
16-10-2008, 01:42 PM
Hey mate

What boat were you going on that had problems? A bunch of us had a charter planned with Time N Tide leaving Urangan on 5th Oct. Got cancelled at last minute (literally 5min before i was leaving Bris) due to Gen Set issues. Not too bad for me, but others had driven up from Canberra and were already at Urangan. Someones got to get the bad cards in the deck i guess.

Back up plan resulted in some nice fish for you - well done.

Cheers

chief
16-10-2008, 07:09 PM
Sorry to hear about the trip mate. Sounds like the bowls club may have had a few good arvos though in turn over ;D and by the looks of things you fellas seemed to pull a few decent trips on the bounce.Cheers

stessco
16-10-2008, 08:02 PM
o well still got some great fish and a couple of beers great fun

BrandonH
16-10-2008, 08:34 PM
as above mate, you made good out of a bad situation!!! some great reefies there!

PinHead
17-10-2008, 04:54 AM
the bowls club does a great meal...Ivan is a great skipper...had a fantastic day on Tuesday after Sunday's debacle. Beautiful part of the world up there.

finga
17-10-2008, 07:02 AM
Sounds like fun was had by all in the end.
I would have liked to be a fly on the wall in the Bowlo just to listen to all the lies told.

webby
17-10-2008, 08:04 AM
Now Now Scott, you no fisho never tell lies, ok maybe little ones, its always the hands that lie.
Anyway mate how the hell are you, missed your humor, although John has tried to stand in your place at times, shit stirring bugger ????
regards

Rufus
17-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Hey Webby, Great to hear you ventured out after a bad start. Good catch of reefies.

Regards, Rufus

ddobson
17-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Some good fish there webby. Some days are always buggered up after careful planing. Well done on perserviering to get the goods.