PDA

View Full Version : Navionics Card Problem

borisdog
04-10-2008, 08:43 AM
Fellow Ausfishers,

I have a problem with my Navionics card 32XG. It's supposed to be an Australia wide job but it's clearly not.

I've just finished a 3 day run down to the Whitsunday area and not a scrap of cartography was on the card. When I got home I zoomed it out so I could see all areas and it looks like it's only got the OC172L charts. Card is clearly marked as 32XG, which is a Platinum all Australia.

My problem is I can't remember where I got it and can't find the receipt. I reckon I got it around June last year so it's a bit old now and I know it's a case of " I should've checked" but hey , you expect to get what you pay for.

I strongly suspect I got it at my local Bias but I'm really not sure.

My questions are - What is involved in loading on the additional charts? And who do I take it to. I'm based in Townsville and I do have the original case with the barcode etc still intact

Any help gratefully received,
Thanks, Darryl

Blackened
04-10-2008, 09:13 AM
G'day

Get onto Bias, or navionics. If it's marked as x and you've received y, then clearly it's almost the same as a warranty job?

Dave

Local_Guy
04-10-2008, 11:22 AM
you may have had to reselect the area you were fishing in if you travelled from a different part of the country.

Menu - Map Data - then down on the bottom window where you select the map u want.

ant_72
04-10-2008, 11:55 AM
what unit are you running

borisdog
04-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Ant, Running a Raymarine RC435i.

Local - Yeah I initially though I may need to do something like that but couldn't find anything in the menus. The thing that worries me is I'd never needed to do that before, even when going to Weipa from Townsville, but I'll have a look when I get home - at work now.

When you zoom right out there are no chart limit lines other than from about Bowen around to about Gove, areas between are chockers with chart limit lines.

Keep it coming guys, Darryl

fRuItCaKe
04-10-2008, 06:01 PM
I spoke to the Navionics people at the Syd boat show and they were very good in regards to card problems. Basically they said that if you have an issue or a problem with the card then ring them and they will help.

As long as the card is marked correctly and has no signs of tampering they will fix the problem.

Grand_Marlin
04-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Howdy,

The 32XG is the correct chart.

It should not be the Platinum chart though, as these are only designed for the E series Raymarine.

The 435i should automatically change charts as you go over the boundary of one to the next.
Lowrance doesn't, you have to select them from the menu - as stated above.

Have a look through the Raymarine menu and see if you can select the chart for that area ... I dont recall that you can, but you never know.

Navionics number is (02) 9816 7150

Cheers

Pete

borisdog
05-10-2008, 06:45 AM
Thanks all, Had a look when I got home and it seems my machine does require manual selection. So there you go. Found it all after numerous false starts but I know where it is now.

Thanks again, Darryl