PDA

View Full Version : Big Aj

finding_time
16-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Just a report to show what can be landed with a certate 4000, 20lb braid, and a smith ltd rod! Oh yeh and a 7 inch chook as well;D

My brother got this rippa off DI last thursday whilst chasing some snapps and other reefies ! It beat him up for a good half hour before being boated , and it was released to fight another day in a very healthy condition!

A good feed of snapper was also caught along with some nanni's and assorted reefies! Plastics well and truely out fished the stinky stuff!;)

Benno1
16-09-2008, 11:47 PM
cracker AJ!!!...7 inch chook wins again...were you guys drifting or on the pick???...congrats to your bro :D
thanks for the pic and info :D

Mrs Benno1

tassie
17-09-2008, 03:20 AM
Nice work bud, they really stretch your arms dont they. How did you go about gettin it off the bottom with such light gear?8-)

jtpython
17-09-2008, 06:20 AM
Good going to get him onboard . Ahhh the old Chooks hey ... New colours or the original ...I'll give them a try one day
JT

Spaniard_King
17-09-2008, 07:32 AM
And whats your excuse for not being there with him?? :)

Pistol_P
17-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Good AJ mate...nice one.8-)

The Aj's have Been hard to find off Noosa this year...Done quite a bit of jigging only for a sore arm...:D

Pete

keenfishr
17-09-2008, 12:00 PM
absolute snodger!!thats terrific fishing on such light gear!!!those certates are awesome lil reels!well done to yas!cheeers trav

Dean1
17-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Ian is that your KC he is fishing out of?? Do you loan him your boat?? Cracker AJ!!

finding_time
17-09-2008, 05:35 PM
hey Deano

Yep he's in the KC but atm it's half his, so i guess he;s allowed to use it without me!!;D I was unfortunatly stuck at work and missed the trip , he did well as it was abit sloopy out there and he's very prone to the old sea sickness! The braid he's was using was igfa rated 20lb so it's a great get, must have just got far enough away from the structure and the aj had nothing to brick him on, hugh effort for that sized gear!

Ian

skipalong
17-09-2008, 06:52 PM
quality fish mate sure worth the effort

Dean1
17-09-2008, 07:25 PM
hey Deano

Yep he's in the KC but atm it's half his, so i guess he;s allowed to use it without me!!;D I was unfortunatly stuck at work and missed the trip , he did well as it was abit sloopy out there and he's very prone to the old sea sickness! The braid he's was using was igfa rated 20lb so it's a great get, must have just got far enough away from the structure and the aj had nothing to brick him on, hugh effort for that sized gear!

Ian Yeah mate pearler effort! Bet it took him some time to get it aboard :o She's good ol braid ;) Gee my worst nightmare would be my bro owning half my boat! We must have different kinda brothers! Bloody work I know the feeling im snowed under at the moment. Cheers mate.