PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki Oil warning light

2iar
10-09-2008, 05:19 PM
Hi Ausfishers,

My DF70's running sweet as a nut, but the oil warning light is flashing - no audible alarm and doesn't limit the revs (like it says it would in the manual if it's low on oil). I've obviously checked the oil, and there's plenty there. I've only used it twice since the last service, and left it for probably 5-6 months between trips. The light came on as soon as I turned the motor on and no other symptoms - I was able to run up to Cape Moreton from Nudgee and back, with a bit of running around in between, and there's absolutely no sign of a problem apart from the flashing light on the gauge.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike

foxx510
10-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Found this on another forum, might be related to your issue:

Okiejohn,

Nothing to be alarmed about. The DF140's oil lamp will blink when it has reached a specified number of hours - this signals that it is time for an oil change. This is controlled by the engine's computer. The light blinks after 20 hours, then after every 100 hours of use. To stop the blinking light turn on the key, remove the black emergency switch stopper, then pull up on the emergency switch three consecutive times within 10 seconds. I think a buzzer will sound signaling it has received the command and the light should go out. I have had the DF140 for about six weeks and love it.

Tassie JR
10-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Hey mate its also probally when you got it serviced the people who serviced it may of forgot to reset the oil change reminder, the same thing happened to a mates df 90 and it was all good, just a dealer mistake.

hope this helps
cheers tassie JR

2iar
10-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Thanks guys,

I just followed the procedure in foxx510's post and the warning light went out. Saved me a trip to the mech, and set my mind at ease. Thanks again.

Good luck,
Mike

Tracker
10-09-2008, 08:30 PM
not so much a mec fault. if service is done early the light seems to still blink at the service intervaltime.just do the key thing.;D

mirage
10-09-2008, 08:48 PM
I don't think the servicing people reset anything. I've had a DF175 and now 2 x DF140's. The oil light flashes at 20 hours for the first service then at 100, 200 and so on. One of my 140's still flashed after the first service as it had a bit less time than the other for some reason
Don't know why they can't use a seperate service light though. I was expecting a "service" light to flash, as the dealer told me. Didn't read the manual of course!Scared the sh!t out of me the first time, halfway to the Barwon Banks at night and the oil light starts flashing. Glad I had the manual with me.::)