PDA

View Full Version : stolen trailer

notsa
28-08-2008, 08:16 AM
My trailer was stolen while me and my mate were off Southport Wedensday between 6:00 am and 8:00 am. Parked at boat ramp opposite VMR Southport. I would like to hunt the dog down.

Benno1
28-08-2008, 09:05 AM
sorry to hear Notsa...was it close enough to the VMR to be caught on the camera ???(they have one on their front gate)...what did the coppers say if you dont mind me asking???

Mrs Benno1

notsa
28-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Benno1 I do not think it would have been captured on camera but I will ask them when I go back down today. Have you tried to ring Southport Police Station ,I had to ring the watch house and they said it would be better to come down as it is very hard to get them by phone as they are very busy. Now I have to fork out $3000 for a new trailer so I can pick my boat up.This one will have a better locking device.

coucho
28-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Mate if your boats still in the water surely someone here would be able to take thier boat of thier trailer and take your boat home for you? Might give you a few days to try and track your trailer down without shelling out for a new trailer???

notsa
28-08-2008, 10:43 AM
coucho a mate offered but already put deposit on trailer and pick it up today.These scum will be caught one day and if I see anyone mucking with anyones trailer they will get a taste of a pick handle, so if they are reading this watch out.

Benno1
28-08-2008, 10:44 AM
yeah i know about the Southport cop shop Notsa...so the a holes cut through your trailer lock or the padlock???...was yours the only trailer down at the ramp???...if not...why was yours singled out???...and yeah see if the VMR can (hopefully) help you out...keep us updated ...

Mrs Benno1

coucho
28-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Hope they catch em and get your trailer back notsa thiefs are one of the lowest forms of life on the planet in my book taking something off someone who has worked hard to be able to afford it.

dreemon
28-08-2008, 04:46 PM
That would have to be a f@^%@d feeling seeing no trailer on the back of the ute !!! , left my lights on once and flattened the bat and that was bad enough, I allways put a padlock on my ugly trialer but will invest in a better system to avoid the dramas and not let puss dripping theives pinch it.

Shagga
28-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Notsa, sorry to hear about your trailer. Did you have a lock on it and if so what kind?

fleety77
28-08-2008, 04:53 PM
shit go hey, would these people use the trailer or try and sell it??

notsa
31-08-2008, 02:38 PM
It only had a small lock on it as I thought that it would not happen to me. I got a new trailer on Thursday $3000 ???? I think they knew I was desperate. I had left the boat at the VMR jetty ( that was very good of them ) so I got the boat on the trailer with the help of my daughters boyfriend and mate and adjusted the rollers ,told them they could go as it felt secure, about 4 k up the road I looked in the mirror and the boat had moved , on inspection the boat had jumped off all the rollers. Called my Wife and told her I would be home sometime this year. My daughter called her boyfriend and told him what had happened so they came back and we refloated the boat and put it back on and made some more adjustments on the skids and all was good this time and I made it home all ok.

The shit you have to go through because of some scum ,low life, deadbeats, their time will come.

The-easyrider
01-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Sorry to read that you got ripped off, on your trailer make sure that all the bolts that hold your hitch on are burred over . When I can I reverse up to a tree or pole or fence so the little turds would need a chain saw as well

SgBFish
02-09-2008, 10:15 PM
TURDS. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

People should NOT buy secondhand trailers without boats on them unless the owner has papers for them.

Again...TURDS. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Look at it his way atleast you may have a decent Son-in-law on the way. ;D

rlazar
05-10-2008, 08:26 AM
mate some times you wish u lived in iraq atlest the laws are diffrent
you can shot these F*7K heads
very sad and low but thats life you know, anyways glade to see that you got ur boat home

BLOOEY
08-10-2008, 08:06 AM
I can empathise notsa. Had mine stolen last year from coomera. Not a nice feeling getting back to the ramp and not seeing it. Fortunately mine had just been rolled down a hill and suffered minimal damage. I now secure it alot better. There are some Scumbags around isn't there. Ben

Lovey80
08-10-2008, 08:22 AM
mate some times you wish u lived in iraq atlest the laws are diffrent
you can shot these F*7K heads
very sad and low but thats life you know, anyways glade to see that you got ur boat home

I good flogging will do after they replace your 3k.

Cheers

Chris