PDA

View Full Version : Stimulate Slam's and Atomic Guzzlerz!

Gagga08
25-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Howdy folks.

Just wondering if anyone out there has seen or even used any of the new generation soft plastics from Stimulate and Atomic? I've seen plenty of adds for them in all the magazines but I'm yet to see the range and colours that are to be released.

I'm a massive fan of Atomic softies and i'm looking forward to getting my hand on some of these guzzlerz as soon as they hit the stores.

When are they released?
What styles and colours?

Any info would be great

Gagga

slyman
25-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Dont know about the stimulate ones but there is a large multiple page ad for bcf in the latest fishing monthly, which has a bit on the guzzlerz, there is a launch for them on wednesday august 13 at Virginia 10am to 4pm. Apparently Tim Morgan will be doing a demo in the super tank.

3 and 6 inch jerk minnows, 2,3 and 4 inch prongs, and a new style called flat tail which will be 3 inch. 7 new colours in each style apart from the flat tail. Thats the info in the ad anyway.

Gagga08
25-07-2008, 02:55 PM
To answer my own question, after I set up this thread I check out some forums on a couple of the bream sites and found these pics. Pics are of 3 inch and the 2 inch prongs and the 3 inch flat tail.

They look very promising

Mark-P
25-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Try gordon at tackle wharehouse, last time i was there they were taking about
their arrival !!!

Mark

matt__hill
25-07-2008, 08:40 PM
a mate of mine had a go of them the other day in the broadwater on the flathead. he outfished his mate 12 to 5 and his mate had gulps.....
interesting..

Gagga08
29-07-2008, 09:04 AM
I can't wait to have a go with the bastards....bream are gonna love those prongs!

BtotheM
29-07-2008, 09:41 AM
2nd of August, or around that time im pretty sure!!!

breamnut
29-07-2008, 11:25 AM
the new atomics 2'' inch prongs went pritty good on the bream yesterday but they aint boidergradable and they dont have as much scent as what i thought,

BtotheM
29-07-2008, 12:15 PM
So are they out now?

Why-ting
29-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Ive got a few packs sitting here and the new 2in prongs look the goods. They are only meant to break down in water, but still feel very plastic like and as nath said dont have as much scent as i thought they would.

Yet to swim them but the 2in prongs will get a swim pretty soon.

imnotoriginal
29-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Yes, the 2inch prongs were what interested me most. Looking forward to getting some into the drink and seeing what swipes it.
Joel

Scalem
29-07-2008, 07:06 PM
To answer my own question, after I set up this thread I check out some forums on a couple of the bream sites and found these pics. Pics are of 3 inch and the 2 inch prongs and the 3 inch flat tail.

They look very promising
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=135774
In your photo, the prong 2nd from the left scored me my snapper in my thread above - in the 4". I am not sure if it was the guzzlers (biodegradable) or standard atomic as it was given to me as a sample to try - but it was certainly that colour. I will find out which it was shortly. Personally I think the pattern works regardless, but I will prefer to use something environmetally friendly even if they cost a little more, which I hope they don't.

Scalem

nuggstar
29-07-2008, 09:40 PM
that 2inch prong will dominate, i can tell with out even useing the things. i hurd a lot of good reports from them. i can wait to get my hands on some. they look like a good colour to for catching pike for live bait aswell, pike love the old prongs so i bet they smash these new ones. i wonder if you can make them smaller like with the normal prongs buy cutting them down and join back up with some heat for them shy days with the bream.

nuggstar
05-08-2008, 10:55 PM
hehe i got some on the weekend to try and they do work. i fished all day with them on saturday and got only one take. my mate(basskid compleatly out fished my with gulp shrimp in a new colour. sunday i was convinced i could get a fish on them so i gave them a go at a different location. it look a lot of missed fish befor i got a good hook up with them but after i got the first a few smaller ones fallowed.
i found i got more hits by useing s factor with them. they dont smell much at all

nuggstar
05-08-2008, 10:57 PM
blowies chomp them up to but not as much as with gulps