PDA

View Full Version : Bait shop in brisbane near the mouth of river

kingfish101
01-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Hey guys, just wondering, does anyone know of a bait shop near the mouth of the river? like on the way to Pinkenba that area? Or even near cabbage tree creek? I'm in desperate need of a good bait shop with quality baits and not that frozen like three weeks old sh^%.
Any bait shop is appreciated
Tim

Keechie
01-07-2008, 07:27 PM
hi, if you really want fresh fresh go to the co-op st cabbage tree creek, i know they sell more of the bigger fish like mullet, whiting etc. but if you want propper bait go to "the tackle shop" at carseldine(sorry i don't know how to spell it) they have the typical frozen baits but they also stock fresh bait like prawns, hardy heads, etc. i hope it helps.

regards,
keechie

tunaticer
01-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Sorry for the hi-jacking.

Is the Sandgate Co-Op still running??

I heard through the grapevine it was closing down and the trawler guys are going to lose out massively a few weeks ago.

Jack.

Keechie
01-07-2008, 07:36 PM
i went past the co-op on saturday and it was still up and going, so i dunno when it closes, but i heard some company bought it and is taking over, i am not sure but hopefully they do.

regards,
keechie

tailorboi99
01-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Go to a fish market :D That's what I do they're taking there in the morning after being caught the night before. Can't get fresher than that.

Cheers Tom

Cheech
02-07-2008, 08:30 AM
Maybe I have just gone on the wrong days,,,, but when I have gone to that co-op, the fish there was rubbish.

It is a problem in your area getting good bait. I am in the same area and same problem. Only 2 good places I use are the Fish Factory at Colmslie, and Morgans at Redcliffe/Scarborough. Cannot find anywhere consistantly good in between.

Cheech