PDA

View Full Version : Heading up to Ingham

horseboy
22-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Just packing up all the gear as we are heading up to just north of ingham for 5 days gonna take the tinny up and all the fishing gear.I am hoping the weather is good so i can shoot over to the palms for the day at some stage but i am wondering about fishing the sugar jetty for doggies and queenies is there a better spot or do you just fish the whole wharf? will do a fair bit of creek fishing to.

Wade

ronnien
22-06-2008, 08:42 PM
wade,
i think that u got to stay a few mtrs away from the suger jetty, good luck mate u should do alright up there.

ron.

propunter
23-06-2008, 02:07 AM
you wont go wrong fishing the gentle annie

Kendall249
23-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Hi wade,

Generally speaking, when there are some spanish macks around they are often caught at the end of the sugar loader. But they can be caught where ever there is bait hanging near the jetty. As Ron said, there is some form of exclusion zone along the jetty itself, but I'm unsure what it is , by memory something like 20m, but you would have to check that.

You can work lures along the jetty, trying to get a close as to the pylons as possible. Use spoons, sp's, hardbodies will also work though need to get them deep. If you find the bait you should be right, which shouldn't be hard this time of year. That should get you on to trevs and queenies. The jetty also has a healthy population of fingermark, jacks and barra, although the weather is abit cool. But stranger things have happened. Hope you have a good trip and good luck with the fishing.

Cheers

kendall