PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Line

cbruh1
20-06-2008, 03:08 PM
Just curious, as I about to clean my fuel line and fittings, and was just looking at how long the tubing is, thinking to myself its a bit of over kill to have about 150cm from tank to pump then 100cm to pump to outboard.

It never really bugged me but when I think about it its annoying having it coiled and considering the fuel tank is right next to the motor, (25l tank to a 15hp) which is nowhere near 1.5m away.

What I would like to know, could I halve the tubing. As this would look neater, is there any specific reason it would need to be this long.

What sort of length fuel lines are on your tinny if you have one??

Thanks for listening :D

FNQCairns
20-06-2008, 03:18 PM
No reason for the length although sometimes it is nice to know you have a little spare just incase you may need it.

cheers fnq

Reel Nauti
20-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Some guys like to have their fuel tank further away from the engine, eg on smaller tinnies some put the fuel tank well forward to sort of add a bit of weight to the front. As FNQ says, there's no real reason, and you can cut it to whatever you like and refit it.

Cheers

Dave

Mark-P
20-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Callum i think they are packaged at certain lenghts, for various application is all ...
But you shouldn't have any problem doing a mod, in fact i would be replacing with new rather than revamping..... Cheers

Mark

cbruh1
21-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks fellas, I didn't think there was a real reason for it to be that long.

Callum i think they are packaged at certain lenghts, for various application is all ...
But you shouldn't have any problem doing a mod, in fact i would be replacing with new rather than revamping..... Cheers

Mark

Thanks mark, the fuel line is about 5mnths old, I replaced it cause the old one had some holes in it and was a bit worn out. So I think just a trim should do the job.

BaitThrower
23-06-2008, 04:39 PM
On my little 3.4m I try to put the tank as far forward as practical for the reason Reel Nauti suggested... more weight up front for better load balance.

cbruh1
23-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Hey baitthrower, I can see why you and some other people would have the tank up the front for some balance and you would need the extra fuel line for that, but I got nowhere up the front for it to go unless I drastically do some remodelling. I find once on the plane she goes fine, also with 2x10lt spare tanks at the back still gets up and goes alright, the tanks just fit nicely in the back and they are all out of the way.

Also I trimmed down my fuel line, I measured it in the boat and customed it to fit nice and neat, no fuel lines going here and there.

Thanks for your help.