PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Prices And Boat Costs

troy
19-06-2008, 07:22 PM
With the rising cost of fuel will it make new boats more expense to buy as fibreglass boats are cost related eg resin [probly spelt wrong].
Members are saying that there will be a lot of used boats going on the market because of the price of fuel.
If this is the case why should second hand boats lose there value if the price of fuel makes new ones dearer.
Troy

Pelagic 660
19-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Supply and demand, If the market is flooded with used boats, prices will likely reflect this. Cheers Trevor

Spaniard_King
19-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Troy.. boat prices will be highly affected by supply and demand.. if everyone is selling big boats and no one is buying.. don't you think people will drop their price to sell.. sooner or later

troy
19-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Troy.. boat prices will be highly affected by supply and demand.. if everyone is selling big boats and no one is buying.. don't you think people will drop their price to sell.. sooner or later
Gary,
I know what you are saying and agree but if new boats become more expensive because of fuel prices i thought that second hand boats would not be a give away.
The question i am asking will the price of fuel drive new boat prices up.
That is what my local dealer has said as my son was in the process of buying a new boat and the cost has gone up because of this.
I do not own a boat at present so i was curious of how this all pans out.
Troy

finding_time
19-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Troy

If anything it will keep the prices of new boats down!

Less customers+ more compeditive dealers and manufacters! During the last few years there has been plenty of money around boat builders have had it pretty easy. That money is drying up and they will have to be more compeditive to attract there share of the dwindling buyers. That's my opinion anyway and you only have to look at the deals being done on larger cars atm the see how this works in the automotive industry!

Same with second hand boats, there will be more on the market, but less buyers for them , the prices will come down!

Ian

Poodroo
19-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Boating is not only a passion for most but it is almost a disease. Regardless of fuel prices the real badly infected person like myself will always find a way of budgeting to take the boat out. Likewise there will be people out there who will do whatever it takes to go and purchase their boat. We always seem to be able to get the money from somewhere. I guess the more money we find the bigger the boat becomes.

Poodroo

mungsta
19-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Ah! whats 25 litres of fuel for a full days fishin. I think you will see a lot more smaller boats like my 4.3 with a 40 hp.