PDA

View Full Version : Where and How to Kayak Offshore

11Robbo11
16-06-2008, 11:07 PM
Hey everyone,

I've had a kayak for about a year and have just been fishing the bay. Just wondering where would be best to launch to go for some offshore fishing ;D(I live in the redlands).

Thanks

Robbo

couta1
17-06-2008, 06:07 PM
G'day mate

i bit of help with the geography...is that the redlands shire...what suburb..i could give you some areas if i could pick the area;D ;D

11Robbo11
17-06-2008, 11:33 PM
yeah redland shire - victoria point. Don't mind driving a though if the easiest or best place is a pretty far off.

jaredluke
18-06-2008, 09:07 AM
A lot of people are fishing out from Noosa in Laguna bay. They catch tuna, wahoo, mackerel, all the pelagics really. I know of someone who caught the barge over to moreton with just his kayak and fished over there for a day. And if none of these are anygood come over here at Scarby reef and catch some nice sized snapper.

Gigantor
18-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Robbo,

A few of the AKFF guys regularly hit the outside off Coochimudlo Island. Keep an eye on the Fishing Trips section (towards the bottom of the page) on www.akff.net (http://www.akff.net) for any trips around your part of the world.

Another spot that guys regularly hit is Scarborough. Quite a few shallow reefs only 200 meters off-shore from Queens Park at Scarby. Tend to do this area early in the morning before the winds get up. I remember seeing a report from someone that went out in the past few days here and got squire and bonito tuna.

Cheers,

Pete