PDA

View Full Version : canoe fittout

DEANO68
09-06-2008, 08:33 PM
hi all
havent posted on this board as yet but just fitted out a 4.7mtr canoe, and thought i would share it with you..wanted to get a bit higher for casting reasons
so put swivel seats in and then added out riggers both sides for stability.the outriggers are adjustable with three settings for different weight loads,( ie camping gear full esky.) :) ..a mate put a new floor in his 5mtr savage so i used
the old flooring in the canoe which is fixed on the ribs so stuff dont get wet(removeable). two people can actually stand quite safey and cast..the riggers are also removeable so you can use it as a paddle canoe also.i put a 28lb minkota on the back ( because im lazy) that pushes it along quite well.. plan to use it mainly chasin bass in creeks and some dams,also some creeks chasin flatties..had one test run at lake baroon for no bass,but test run was my excuse.gona give wyeba creek at noosa a flattie run next friday..posted some picks...parra colors are next adjustment. think ill paint it maroon....;) deano...

cammo79
12-06-2008, 08:55 PM
looks good mate,im just shopping for a canoe now, i like your pvc outriggers. how does the leccy push it along, do you know how fast it goes.

Cam

Fitzy
12-06-2008, 10:22 PM
G'Day Deano,
Nice rig. Did you bend the pvc or use 45degree elbows? Couldn't quite make it out.

Cheers,

fitz..

DEANO68
13-06-2008, 02:22 PM
looks good mate,im just shopping for a canoe now, i like your pvc outriggers. how does the leccy push it along, do you know how fast it goes.

Cam hi cam, the leccy is only 28lb, without tide or wind i reckon 3-4knots
against the current and wind like today prob 1-2.. bit bigger would be good..but does the job....deano.

DEANO68
13-06-2008, 02:24 PM
G'Day Deano,
Nice rig. Did you bend the pvc or use 45degree elbows? Couldn't quite make it out.

Cheers,

fitz.. hey fitz..they are 45 deg elbows with about another 60mm and an end cap..

Red60
17-06-2008, 08:29 AM
Top looking rig Deano very well setup, and it looks like the most stable canoe going!