PDA

View Full Version : Kayak Fishing Palm Beach Reef Tomorrow

JRJR
06-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Well, I'm off for a Kayak fish at Palm Beach Reef tomorrow morning (Sat 6th)

Weather looks reasonable. I'll go take a look at 5am and if it looks OK I'll launch.

Will hopefully see a few other fellow Yakkers there.

Hopefully I'll have something good to tell when I visit here next.

couta1
07-06-2008, 06:56 PM
how did you do...i did ok with the jewies today

JRJR
08-06-2008, 07:28 AM
No good Couta. Just a couple of small chopper tailor.
There was a few of us out there but none of us did any good.
Apparently there are a few slimies about for bait which is good.

You lucky bugga with those Jew. You've come up trumps again.

I've never caught Jew. Then again I haven't caught much of anything yet as yesterday was only my 4th trip out in the ocean ever.

My 1st trip (Palmy) and 2nd trip (Tugun) I actually fished with you and another Stealth Yakker but you probably don't remember me. Nothing much was caught those trips either I don't think.
I'm the rank amateur.

I think it will take me awhile to get the hang of fishing off shore.

I was thinking about going out again on Monday morning but the weather report doesn't look too great.

JOE BLOW
26-06-2008, 12:17 PM
gidday jrjr, looking at heading out to palmy in my kayak one of these coming weekends and was just wondering if you had any tips on fishing it? is it a hard place to fish in a yak? just recently took the jump and went out and bought one.
cheers brendan

JOE BLOW
26-06-2008, 12:19 PM
great catch with those jewies couta, i'm going to try and catch one sat 28th at the mouth of the brissy river in my yak...

JRJR
26-06-2008, 09:36 PM
No tips cos I suck at fishing at the moment. Sorry.

I have started to hit Morton bay and 3 days in a row I have come up with sweet Didly squat!

I decided to give Pamly a break as it is a bit far to drive every Saturday morning.

NeMo84
31-07-2008, 01:35 PM
hey JRJR how do u find the prowler elite handles out there in the open? also how tall and heavy are you approximately its just that im lookin to get one myself and want to know how stable they are compared to others... any info much appreciated..

JRJR
01-08-2008, 06:29 PM
The Prowler is pretty Stable. I haven't tried standing up on it or anything. Probably not the most stable of Kayaks around but it is quick through the water and handles very well on open water and choppy water and large swell.

I guess there is a bit of trade off with regards to stability and speed.
I am aprox 78kg and just over 6' tall.

I'm no expert, but I hope that helps.