PDA

View Full Version : Evans Head Charter seats

JEWIENEWIE
15-05-2008, 09:41 AM
How are we all. I have a charter booked with evans head deep sea charters for Monday the 19th.
It is a 5.00am meet at the wharf. I have had two pull out so are desperatly tryinjg to fill 2 spots:-/ . Cost is $185 each for a 6am to 2pm charter. I have been out before with this charter and it was great. Plenty of snapper. See avtar;D . Bottom bouncing or soft plastics for snapper or whatever we choose to do. The skipper WILL accomadate our requests where possible;) .
Jewie

Roo
15-05-2008, 09:50 AM
How many people going? Is Mick back from Bali or is Brodie doing the skipper duties?
Cheers Roo.

JEWIENEWIE
15-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Roo, there is 5 at this stage with a max of seven going. I was thinking Mick was being skipper but i did not specificly ask but can check it out. I hope so mate, he was awsome last trip, put us on to some great snapps.
Jewie

JEWIENEWIE
15-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Just spoke to them , Brodie is the skipper with Mick still away. I have never met him so cant comment, as long as he has micks laptop with the marks, all should be good.;D ;D
jewie

Roo
15-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Brodie is a very experienced skipper and will have all the marks. they're all like brothers down there(I hear banjo's playin';) ). Now if Capt. Kev was at the helm, i'd be worried.....the cheeky bugger tried to push me overboard out on the 40's last trip :o . I had been up on the bow having a crack at jigging, when i was stepping back around for the next move he got me in a vunerable position....He reckoned TheMissus hadn't paid enough to keep pushing!!!!:P
We'd like to go with ya's but we have to work monday. Will be a good trip with only 7 on board, less chance for tangles. Myself and TheMissus were going to organise a trip for June/July when Mick gets back from Bali....and the current slows down. TheMissus is keen to have a crack at the plastics out there.

Have a good one.
Cheers Roo.

Tony_P
15-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Hi Jewie,

I'm heading out with evans head fishing charters on sunday. Just called to confirm. They said there will probably be a bit of wind, but not much swell so should be able to fish in close. This will be my first trip out with them, have tried a few times before but swell has gotten in the way. I'll make sure we leave a couple for you on monday.....

Cheers Tony

JEWIENEWIE
16-05-2008, 09:43 AM
You will enjoy it mate, but the forcast is not good. Check seabreeze. I think we might try and postpone if we have to stay in close. We had great conditions last time and went out wide and kicked ass on the snapper, i dont know what it is like fishing in close it may be ok but i can do that in my rig. Either way the boys do a good job and you will have a ball. Let me know how you went.
Jewie

Roo
16-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Jewie,
The strong west winds might be a bit uncomfortable out wide, but I'd be more concerned about the 3m swell due in on monday arvo. If it comes early you'll be in strife on a Low tide Evans Bar....although it is reasonalby protected, it will wrap around the corner. Its a shallow bar, you might find Brodie Keen to postpone mondays trip too.

Cheers Roo.

JEWIENEWIE
16-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Yeah, i agree mate. Ideally we want to go out wide. A few of us have our own boats, not as big as Micks obviously, so not to keen to stay in close as i can do that in my rig. The swell with a low tide in the arvo just about when we need to cross maybe an issue, I am pushing to hve it postponed unless the forcast changes.
Jewie

Tony_P
18-05-2008, 07:07 AM
Hi Jewie,
Trip got canned as expected when you get a forecast of 25/33 knot winds. Ah well there's always next time.

Cheers Tony

JEWIENEWIE
19-05-2008, 08:45 AM
Unlucky mate but for the best. You want good conditions. We have postponed to next Monday.
Jewie

Roo
19-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Well the wind arrived early, and blew it self out. the swell has come up early too but not quite as big as expected. You probably would have been ok out there today Jewie but i guess the call has to made on what is forecast to happen. Still next Monday might prove better.

Cheers Roo.

JEWIENEWIE
19-05-2008, 01:26 PM
Yeah mate, i woke early this morning to see the wind had dropped:( .
I was driving to work in byron a little pissed thinking i should be out fishing not going to work but checked the waves from the lighthouse and it was still very windy offshore and plenty of swell so that brightened me up a little;D .
Heres hoping monday produces good weather.
Great, another week watching seabreeze like a hawk........
Jewie