PDA

View Full Version : Who here eats Fish???

Keechie
17-04-2008, 08:02 AM
i know its a stupid question, but considering the other post about do you eat your own fish? i thought i would see how many people do actually eat fish as i could use the stats for my english assignment.

regards,
keechie

johnny roger
17-04-2008, 08:12 AM
i know its a stupid question, but considering the other post about do you eat your own fish? i thought i would see how many people do actually eat fish as i could use the stats for my english assignment.

regards,
keechie
yes mate, no worries there. i eat fish. everyday if i could.
John

*Pokey*
17-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Sure do, love it.

Cheers
Gene

chief 1
17-04-2008, 03:38 PM
i love fish mate,i can't it it every night or even every second night but i enjoy it once or twice a week,usually once because i only go fishing once on the weekend,sometimes both days of the weekend

HIGH and DRY
17-04-2008, 04:54 PM
its amazing how many strange looks i get when i tell people i don't eat fish after finishing an in-depth conversation on fishing techniques etc!!! no i don't eat fish:o . no particular reason, just not a huge fan. if i had to, i would, but untill then ill stick with chicken and beef!!!;)

Breambuster33
17-04-2008, 07:18 PM
the better question would be "who doesnt eat fish" ;D
yes i am a fish lover to

whiting-wizard
17-04-2008, 07:32 PM
I love eating fish its my favourite food in the world;D

Breambuster33
17-04-2008, 07:33 PM
its amazing how many strange looks i get when i tell people i don't eat fish after finishing an in-depth conversation on fishing techniques etc!!! no i don't eat fish:o . no particular reason, just not a huge fan. if i had to, i would, but untill then ill stick with chicken and beef!!!;)

geeze... im suprised at ur response:P

Poodroo
17-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner if I could. I think I like eating fresh fish as much as I do catching them. I am not into eating fish from the shops that much for a couple of reasons. Firstly it never tastes that fresh (compared to what I catch) and secondly it is outrageously expensive. I know catching my own is expensive as well but the way I look at it is that I am out enjoying some pleasure crafting and any fish that come on board is a bonus for my day out.

Poodroo

Breambuster33
17-04-2008, 07:44 PM
well said poodroo

SASSYJNR
18-04-2008, 08:01 PM
i do eat fish, but not fish that has been caught by me, dont know why, just the way it is, if you didnt tell me you caught some fish today, crumbed it , cooked it and wrapped it up in paper like the fish and chip shop, i prob wouldnt let you get any, id eat it all. i have no idea why just dont
if i went on that survivor show, id starve to death and all the fish id catch would make all the others have to leave that show and go onto the biggest loser

Cammy
18-04-2008, 10:53 PM
i also love my fish but i never eat enough of it:P :P

Cammo

Keechie
19-04-2008, 07:24 AM
thanks for the reply's everyone i have included the statistics from this into my assignment so thanks for replying everyone.

regards,
keechie

skipalong
20-04-2008, 06:46 AM
na no seafood for me it all fun

Brazilian guy
01-05-2008, 10:55 AM
I do. Fish are commom meat in Brazil. Our Northeast region food is very based about sea food. :)

Mattg68
01-05-2008, 01:34 PM
fish it, catch it, eat it, love it.

Matt

Dunks
01-05-2008, 01:53 PM
I hate it. Can't stand the taste of it. But I would go fishing everyday of the week if I could. Don't like any type of seafood at all. I'm out there for the peace and serenity away from work, wife and kids.

BeachBabe13
01-05-2008, 02:31 PM

regards,
keechie

Yep Absolutley luuuuurv Fish....
;)

bar raider
01-05-2008, 05:19 PM
not really, only the occasional fish n chips

Cobia Kid
01-05-2008, 05:23 PM
WHAT I CANT STAND!,
(not fish, i love fish), but people that dont eat fish, and neither does any of there family, yet they continuasoly bring home fish after they catch it. when they get home and show everyone and then say" im not eatin it, the dog can have it,". I just think, BUY A CAMERA! or at least give it to the neibours

im sure most of the guys on here that dont eat fish, catch and realease, i mean your all good guys and respect the fish stock.
i have has my rant, if i have made no sense then just ignore my post
cheers,
jamie

BeachBabe13
01-05-2008, 05:27 PM
LOL Cobia...I know what ya mean ;)..
Yea better to catch and release then do that too in my book..

Dunks
01-05-2008, 08:42 PM
I definately catch and release. I take a photo of any decent fish I catch and then release them. I can't bring myself to even kill and take one home for anyone else.

Slime
01-05-2008, 08:50 PM
When I grew up, we would catch a few fish over the day, and throw them in a bucket that would sit in the bottom of the boat in the sun for the rest of the day. Surprisingly (not) they never tasted that good. Now that I am all grown up and have an ice box, I love the taste of freshly caught and eaten fish. Nothing better! They taste better when not half rotten!!!

WyldFisher
01-05-2008, 08:51 PM
I love eating fish!

Richard
01-05-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm not a big eater of fish at all and people think I'm a bit nuts too because of how much fishing i do. 9 times out of 10 I'll let a fish go but i don't mind keeping one for someone else if they have asked for it before hand and I know it's not going to be wasted.

I don't mind coral trout though, mainly because it doesn't have a very fishy taste (if that makes any sense). Otherwise I'm quite happy to fillet a fish for someone else or just let them go (after a quick pic of course), like this cod i caught on Sunday arvo... :)

Richard

TimiBoy
02-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Richard, fly down to Hobart, go to Muir's Fishcafe. Ask for Blue Eye Cod.

My wife doesn't eat fish, but she loves Blue Eye. In my humble opinion, it's the only good thing about Tassie apart from the beer. And I lived (existed?) there for 2.5 years!

Ok, the scenery's wild, and some of the folks are OK, but apart from that...

Oh, don't forget the vegies, and the restaurants, but apart from that...

Imfiik
12-07-2008, 11:43 PM
I eat fish at least three times a week. Mostly what I catch myself. I do buy salmon ocassionally. Been eating it since I was a small kid. Everything else is stuffed but apparently my cardio-vascular system is in A1 condition.

MeePee_99
13-07-2008, 08:00 AM
C and R, it takes to much effort to eat fish (as i dont like the taste), give me steak anyday over fish. It is a lot easier to take a photo and let the fish go!!!!!!!!!!!!

reel scream
13-07-2008, 08:58 AM
Love eating it and so does the wife and kids. Dinner, brekie with eggs and cold on sangas for lunch. The quicker it gets eaten means the quicker i have a good excuse to go hunt and gather. My 3 1/2 yo daughter has a saying for what we do to the fish- "catch them, cut them and eat them"

Cheers Scott

mr fisher
13-07-2008, 09:26 AM
u should add a bar somthing like yes depending on fish but i do like most fish

Benno1
13-07-2008, 12:53 PM
yup...love catching it (when the fish godess smiles apon me)...love eating it :D

Noiseworks
13-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Used to love eating them........until my recent experience with a bit of ciguatera. Mistakenly had some eggs this morning for brekkie.......been nauseous and crapping all day. Still love to fish tho. Missus christened her beach rod today with a little cobia.

Cheers
Noiseworks

Ozie_3
14-07-2008, 02:36 PM
You just gotta love seafood... potato scallops are a particular favourite.... :) ...
yeah fresh fish is great, catch it and eat it that night off the barby... and natural oysters straight off the rocks is the go too...
cheers

BREEZE470
16-07-2008, 07:53 PM
I have always just eaten the usual "fish & chip shop" fish until recently when my hubby introduced me to fishing ... now, I have the taste for Coral Trout & Red Emperor. If I could have them dished upto me every night I would.

Fish "at least" twice a week is suppose to be very good for your health .. ;D

Con3151
17-07-2008, 12:42 PM
I love fish.. Nothing like eating a fresh catch

Donny Boy
17-07-2008, 01:02 PM
I suffer from Aquatic Diahorrea............Can't pass the Fisho.

Vindicator
17-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Yeah I love fish. I love eating anything that smells like fish.

Cheers
Kezza

Scott nthQld
17-07-2008, 09:18 PM
I love fish, will eat it 3-4 times a week unless the freezer's empty. I can only get out on weekends, and as you all know, not every weekend has perfect weather. Lucky I only catch fish (when I do) that freeze well, those that don't get eaten straight away.

Nannygai and trout are my favourite, and if i get a decent one, it can be upto 3 feeds out of the fillets for a family of 5.

jchiou99
18-07-2008, 10:01 AM
YEP! I love eating fish. That is the only reason I go fishing.

BtotheM
20-07-2008, 11:51 AM
i dont really like the taste of fish and it takes too much effort to prepare. C&R for me

aus2045
20-07-2008, 12:01 PM
I love fresh fish. But unfortunately cant seem to catch my own. So i buy what looks fresh at the fish shops and supermarkets. Sometimes the fish there can be rather good.

pueter66
20-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Mate, I would eat fish every day if I could. Freshly caught is best but ocassionaly I get desperate enough to buy some.

blackjack
20-07-2008, 05:24 PM
only way to know how fresh it is...and how it's been stored.

when i catch a fish, it's almost a special thing. in a way it honours the fish's life when you appreciate the eating. i never take a fish or any seafood if i'm not going to use it. love oysters straight off the rocks, salt water and all. yum.

jenny

RAT-KING
20-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Nope not a big fan I have but I have never targeted a species to eat its all sport I think its a growing trend!!! Its great aslong as u dont kill the fish in the release!!
Dont think we are weird that we dont like fish Its still the best hobby in the world!!!
Cheers Simon

rogerb
23-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Fresh snapper, pearl perch, flathead, yum! You can't beat food that nobody had a chance to mess with and have fun catching it.

Rog

wahoo69
24-07-2008, 01:27 PM
no can't eat it just fish for the fun of it

JIMBO99
28-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Jimbo99 I Love Whiting And Mullet But Will Eat Anything With Scales On It.

aficionado
30-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Any thing that swims in the brine. Particulary pelagics, Yellow tail kingfish is my fave. The wife and daughter like fisk but dont like prawns. LOL all the mor for me.

Mick