PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Getaway Caravan

reilly
05-04-2008, 05:59 AM
Has anyone had experience with Supreme Getaway Off road Caravan.

13ft 1994 for looks like it would suit our needs basic mechanical brakes though rear entry annexe off the rear full steel checkerplate floor, independent suspension looks pretty solid I have researched them not to many on the used in that price market mainly dealers and expensive .

13,500 ono is this the price What would expect and what should I look for to negotiate the price I would appreciate any info good bad or ugly.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/undecided.gif

Roughasguts
08-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Hi reilly I just bought a 6 month old van last week an on roader, Windsor Rapid.
I was set on an off road setup, and researched for months and months, but could see meself and the family getting stuck in a bad way with it, like no where to turn around ETC. So settled on luxury, and a tent if we went way off track.
We ended up spending 6K more than we set out to. Bit like me boat but I can easily get more than my money back on the boat, hoping the van will get close if I don't keep it to many years.

Hell I bought it mainly to go to Anna bay and Pt Stephens, go figure you wan't yours to get away from it.

The only thing I could say was for a 93 Model van 13.5 K would have been more than it's brand new price, get it a bit cheaper and that might be a good investment if you keep it tidy. There isn't much out there is there ? there either big bucks and good nick, or cheap smelly and tatty good luck with your search, hope you don't do what I do and spend more coin. But we are really happy with the purchase so far.

reilly
09-04-2008, 09:17 PM
We all need to getaway from somewhere been here 20+yrs with a brief stint in QLD wasn't my cup of tea. I love it here and like the Gloucester, Barrington area just for a bit of a country change. thanks for the advice Roughasguts

Roughasguts
10-04-2008, 12:50 PM
We all need to getaway from somewhere been here 20+yrs with a brief stint in QLD wasn't my cup of tea. I love it here and like the Gloucester, Barrington area just for a bit of a country change. thanks for the advice Roughasguts

Hey that's the vans maiden voyage, up through thunderbolts and on to Yaaaaawn Armidale for 4 days while the wife does her last stint at UNE.

Not looking forward to that steeeeep hill between Barington and Walcha, kinda scared of it actually. :o

Even a V6 sedan struggles let alone a laiden old V6 Pajero lugging a van.

Oh well it's not a dangerous bit of road so see what happens.

reilly
11-04-2008, 05:29 PM
It's a beautiful part of the world make sure you pack warm clothing and take the trout gear and yabbie trap.

Roughasguts
11-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks reilly will do.

GBC
17-04-2008, 09:03 PM
That's the model Thommo the bush tucker f%cker towed up the cape and over the islands in his little teleseries.

He gave the thing a pizzling and it looked to stand up.

I know another bloke who regrets being talked into getting rid of his for an apparently bigger better offroader that didn't make it to Darwin on the highway - so much for paying for name brands.