PDA

View Full Version : Stolen tinnie

barbedhook
25-02-2008, 12:34 PM
My daughter's boat trailer broke down on the highway near Coomera bridge last Saturday arvo, on the way from Jacobs Well back to Robina. She took the engine home, but had to leave the 3.2 m Stessl tinnie and trailer. Next day when she came back with spare parts to fix the trailer, tinnie was gone. :'( Tinnie was her pride and joy, especially after braving the sudden strong winds at Tinpin that day.
The police is checking the camera that's on the bridge to see if it got recorded, but so far we don't know. They would be able to see the thieves number plate.
Her boat is sprayed marine blue, inside it's a orange/yellow. She painted it herself.
If anybody finds a blue tinnie somewhere, or has seen a tinnie being transported on a ute or so, please let us know. 0418 756 716, or call the Gold Coast police with any info.
If any of the thieves read this, please call to return the boat, no questions asked. Make a girl happy.

Jackinthebox
25-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Sorry to hear that mate,

Bad luck for your daughter, I have had an outboard stolen off the back of my boat right outside my mate's bedroom window one night, they used boltcutters on the padlock too!

Last Sturday night, I was rushing back from Brissie to get to work and I remember seeing that trailer on the side of the road at about 7.30pm and thinking, "geez, i wouldn't be leaving my trailer there for more than 10 mins"

Anything on the side of the highway is considered fair game by the scumbags that cruise up & down between Brissie & the coast. Keep an eye on the paper & trading post. Don't think they would be stupid enough to put it on ebay though. Prob sell it to someone down the pub.

This is how many scumbags there are out there ........ two years ago, heading to Stanage Bay with the boat on the back, we were just north of Rocky when my esky lid blew open and some stuff blew out. Pulled over about one hundred mtrs up the road and got out, walked back to get it. Mate stayed in car.

Was gone less than 10 mins with car in sight behind me. When I got back to the car, mate informed me that two guys pulled up about 50 mtrs up the road and got out & started walking towards the car.

My mate was looking around on the floor for a cd in the cd box so they hadn't seen him in the car. When they get about 20 mtrs from the car, my mate sits up & sees them coming. He reckons, that they froze, turned around & walked back to the car & drove off quickly!

Big surprise for them as they had obviously thought I was on my own back down the road and the time it took them to drive 100 mtrs at 100 kms an hour, was enough time to decide that a nice tinny & fourby potentially loaded up with goodies was too much for them to resist.

The bastards missed out that time.

Will keep an eye out mate.

Jackinthebox
25-02-2008, 02:27 PM
Just edited my post , relised that it was only the trailer still there, just before the bridge at coomera.

So that narrows it down, the boat was stolen some time before 7.30'ish, have the cops got back to you about the camera/number plate yet?

Mick

barbedhook
25-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Thanks Mick. Will let the police know it was stolen before 7.30pm. They haven't gotten back to us yet about numberplate or any info. Could take a couple of days. All depends on if they have footage from just that moment. They only record if they see something suspicious on their screens at the station. Fingers crossed. Definitely narrows it down, between 5pm and 7.30pm.

marty+jojo
25-02-2008, 04:52 PM
It is a small crime to the police and they will most likely do sweet F.A about it. Sad but true.
Marty.

Poodroo
25-02-2008, 06:10 PM
I loathe the dishonesty of some people. The thing that annoys me most is that if that thief had something stolen from him/her then the proverbial sh!t would hit the fan for sure. I live by my motto "Have respect and always treat others the same way that you yourself expect to be treated!" Hope you get the tinny back.

Poodroo

sid_fishes
25-02-2008, 06:19 PM
going to work this morning there is a trailer frame no wheels pushed half into the trees is that yours? i do hope they find the pricks that took it cheers ian

fishingnottaken
25-02-2008, 06:40 PM
i saw the boat coming back from picking my daughter up from beenleigh would of been just before 5:30 and the boat was still there

Breambuster33
25-02-2008, 07:28 PM
My daughter's boat trailer broke down on the highway near Coomera bridge last Saturday arvo, on the way from Jacobs Well back to Robina. She took the engine home, but had to leave the 3.2 m Stessl tinnie and trailer. Next day when she came back with spare parts to fix the trailer, tinnie was gone. :'( Tinnie was her pride and joy, especially after braving the sudden strong winds at Tinpin that day.
The police is checking the camera that's on the bridge to see if it got recorded, but so far we don't know. They would be able to see the thieves number plate.
Her boat is sprayed marine blue, inside it's a orange/yellow. She painted it herself.
If anybody finds a blue tinnie somewhere, or has seen a tinnie being transported on a ute or so, please let us know. 0418 756 716, or call the Gold Coast police with any info.
If any of the thieves read this, please call to return the boat, no questions asked. Make a girl happy.

oh mate what a tragedy. i saw your boat Sunday morn on the side of the boat and thought the same as a few of the recent posts. bad luck mate hope you find the thief

MY-TopEnder
25-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Thats really sad to hear.

And just as sad is the fact that the police will no doubt do nothing about it. They consider it minimal loss, and basically its a case of cop it sweet.

A mate had a motor on a pallet out the front of his workshop and at some stage someone has flogged the motor... now this is a 4.2lt Diesel Patrol motor, in a busy area and nobody has said anything.

He had numbers from it and when he filed the police report they wouldn't even take the numbers to log with QLD Transport as stolen.

I hope for your sake and your daughters sake that the police do something good for a change.

Simmo2
25-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Well it seems a few members saw either the boat or the trailer.
Lets hope that a member pops up and says he saw somebody lift the boat onto a trailer or truck I spose?
If its an Ausfish member that either did the deed or knows who did, lets also hope that they send an SMS or something to your phone, and your daughter gets the tinny back
I'm with Poodroo, do as to others etc. There's just some buggers out there that just cant grasp the fact that material possessions come from a hard days work.
But then again those fellas wouldn't know a hard days work either prolly.....

Weber244
26-02-2008, 05:11 AM
Hi guys,

cheers for the feedback and all. The one that had the boat stolen is my sister. The bearings she bought for the trailer to fix it when she went to pick it up were the wrong size so she took the second wheel to get the right size.

Trailer is home but still not boat.

The police officer took the details and is going to look at the camera that looks directly at where the boat was parked.

At least she took the engine off and everything out of the boat including the anchor etc. Shame the Nissan patrol she was driving didn't have roof racks or something, then she could have brought the boat home on the roof and just left the trailer. As it seems no one was very interested in taking the trailer.

Once again thank you to everyone who has posted a reply. Hopefully it gets found somewhere. Although no one is holding their breath. People have had rare large Hydrofields stolen and never got them back.

Cheers,
Chiron

barbedhook
26-02-2008, 06:23 AM
oh mate what a tragedy. i saw your boat Sunday morn on the side of the boat and thought the same as a few of the recent posts. bad luck mate hope you find the thief

Did you see the trailer AND the boat on Sunday morning? Mick said he only saw the trailer without boat Saturday 7.30pm.
Thanks mate.

Jackinthebox
26-02-2008, 09:27 AM
That's what i was thinking,

thought i just saw the trailer ..... wife was travelling down around the same time. I asked her this morning and she remembers a trailer in that area, but can't remember if there was a tinny on top of it or not?

If the tinny was still there at that time, it would be a bit camouflaged with the blue sides in the dark and the fact that it was hard in against the bushes.

Was the trailer gal or had it been painted a creamy/white?

Mick

timddo
26-02-2008, 09:40 AM
I too went fishing on saturday nite, heading from brisbane to the goldcoast. Saw a boat on a trailer at around 6.45pm but was in the middle of a merging lane and highway. ( those white lines). boat was still their.

barbedhook
26-02-2008, 09:54 AM
Trailer is just gal, but husband says the boat would have about covered it. Yh, 7.30 would have been getting dark. Just waiting on Breambuster to confirm he saw it Sunday morning.

barbedhook
26-02-2008, 09:59 AM
If the tinny was still there at that time, it would be a bit camouflaged with the blue sides in the dark and the fact that it was hard in against the bushes.

Was the trailer gal or had it been painted a creamy/white?

Mick

Trailer is just gal, but husband says the boat would have about covered it. Yh, 7.30 would have been getting dark. Just waiting on Breambuster to confirm he saw it Sunday morning. Thanks to you all for getting involved in finding my girl's beloved tinnie.

Jackinthebox
26-02-2008, 12:00 PM
New info just come to hand,

just spoke to a client who definitely saw the trailer WITH BOAT on at 11.30 on SUNDAY morning.

I know it is true because i didn't say what colour the boat was and she said it was a little tinny & it was BLUE.

Sorry about the dodgy id from me, must have been too busy driving, but now you have a definite answer as to the time it was still there.

What time did your daughter pickup the boat?

Mick.

PS: it appears that quite a few people have seen this boat/trailer just in our little Ausfish community, you would think someone would have seen it being picked up.

barbedhook
26-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Our ausfish community seems quite large, awesome website. She came back to fix trailer about 3pm, boat gone. Poor girl, must have been quite a shock. So it was stolen between 11.30am and 3pm. Will let her know to call police with that info.

Blacksheep
26-02-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm pretty sure I can confirm same, I was heading to the Coast on Sunday morning for a bream comp. I remember passing the little blue boat around 4.30ish. I thought to myself that's not a good place to leave your boat unattended. I wondered if there was some sort of trailer trouble. Hope she gets it back mate.

Shane

pursuit001
27-02-2008, 05:44 PM
what mongrels whats this world coming to hope you get it back

barbedhook
27-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Thanks pursuit, hope so too. Quite distressing for a young girl who had to save up for it herself.

barbedhook
27-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Found out the people looking at the video footage from the camera on the Coomera bridge are not the police, but the Dep. of main roads.
We contacted them and they will have a look. Still a chance!

Foxy4
29-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Lets just hope that the cameras will show something and the ratbags can be caught. Atleast that will prove that the cameras really do have a worth being there. Other cameras down the road should also show the boat being taken away if they have passed them as well?

Breambuster33
03-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Did you see the trailer AND the boat on Sunday morning? Mick said he only saw the trailer without boat Saturday 7.30pm.
Thanks mate.

Hey mate,
i saw a blue boat on sunday morning approximately 9am just before some bridge, hope i help
cheers

whiting-wizard
03-03-2008, 03:24 PM
oh mate what a tradegy i feel so sorry i hope you find the thief

baitmate
03-03-2008, 06:28 PM
hey mate, yeah i saw that boat, on.. it would of been sunday morning at around 8:30am, so it must of been taken after that. sorry to hear, it looked like a good boat to. hope you find it, good luck!

cheers baitmate

shano
10-03-2008, 06:48 PM
i wouldnt hold your breath on the cameras! i had a boat stolen and also asked the police and main roads and qld motorways to come and view there cameras and they all told me they dont record footage unless notified by the police! but that was 6 years ago! never heard a thing to this day!

Weber244
12-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Hi all,

I think by now its probably all over, after 48 hours the chance of a crime being solved is so low its not worth worrying about. May as well buy a new boat already. At least my sister was smart enough to remove the engine and everything else in the boat before leaving it.

The traffic cameras did see something. They flagged the trailer as abandoned and for removal. Oh well at least they tried.

Cheers for all the reply's and support. My sister appreciates it.

Chiron

garman1
20-03-2008, 03:04 PM
remember what comes around ...........goes around. Some time, some place, the back of the boat might fall off taking their engine with it ? karma