PDA

View Full Version : Barwon Banks on Alexander

dayoo
21-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Alexander "the weapon" left Mooloolaba yesterday afternoon for a afternoon session on the northern Barwons with 4 on board including Pepi and Sasho (the owners), Frank the fishing machine and Pepi's Godfather from North Queensland.

Punched through 2metre swells at 27knots and arrived at first mark about 2.30pm but fish were slow. Cruised around and fished some new marks caught snapper to 4kg, pearlies to 2.5kg, parrot, gold spot wrass, moses pearch, maori cod, hussar, trag, cobia and slate bream(cat food).

Frank hauled a massive snapper to the surface but it pulled the hooks before the net was in place.

Arrived back at Mooloolaba around 8.30pm with total of 45 fish.

Frank arrived back in Brisbane for two hours sleep before heading up to Rainbow Beach to fish offshore on 'Baitrunner" today.

Pics attached

Cheers
Barry

husserhunter
21-01-2008, 11:39 AM
sum nice fish there bud well done!!, as for Frank thats commitment

cheers jason

plaztix
21-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Nice, you guys always seem to find the fish.

Thats a bloody good haul for less than 6 hours fishing.

No wonder you guys call Frank 'the fishing machine'

samson
21-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Nice mixed bag of lollies there boys enjoy.

ffejsmada
21-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Nice effort.

No wonder you call Alexander a "weapon"!!!!!!
2 metre swells and 27 knots.......fark!!!!!!
Was there any chop on top or nice clean swells????
I'd love to go out on that beast!;);)

Jeff.

Barrykrocker
21-01-2008, 03:31 PM
i seriously cant imagine why you'd keep all those tiny things at the back after you already have great feed.

ffejsmada
21-01-2008, 04:07 PM
i seriously cant imagine why you'd keep all those tiny things at the back after you already have great feed.

Have you got your hard hat on Barry?????

Barrykrocker, don't be a knocker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-*:-*

dayoo
21-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Barrykrocker you live up to your title you have had a shocker.

Fou your info the fish at the back are well and truly legal hussar, moses pearch and gold spot wrass and were caught and in the icebox before the snapper were caught.

Do you expect that they be thrown back dead?

No cheers
Barry

pursuit001
21-01-2008, 04:23 PM
mate well done bloody great catch barry crocker bit of jeliousy there mate they all look legal to me
cheers shane

Barrykrocker
21-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Barrykrocker you live up to your title you have had a shocker.

Fou your info the fish at the back are well and truly legal hussar, moses pearch and gold spot wrass and were caught and in the icebox before the snapper were caught.

Do you expect that they be thrown back dead?

No cheers
Barry

i'll take your word for it

Lovey80
21-01-2008, 06:31 PM
i'll take your word for it

Well Bazza I bet they're glad for that :-/ !

Top effort boys. After 5 weeks of sitting on your buts i bet it was just good to be out let along that haul.

Cheers Chris

-spiro-
22-01-2008, 07:29 AM
Sweet catch Barry for your time limits. For BarryKrocker those small fish are better eatting than the bigger ones. Shows what you know when you call them tiny things

TCSunCoast
22-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Fantastic work and I think the nick names are great and obviuosly fit the boat and guys going on the fish caught. I've seen the boat and 27 knts is not suprising at all.

As for the "Littlies", well they're legal and probably not that small and if you averaged those fish out over the last 2 months of shitty weather there's not that many really to go round the crew.

Well done.

Fishbait
28-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Thats a nice feed of fish and great day out - well done!

Fish Guts
28-01-2008, 05:17 PM
what sort of boat is it

revs57
28-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Its a bloody big boat Fish Guts!!!

And nice catch fellas, don't let the no names rain on ya parade, all legal and within bag limits - no problems there, makes it worth waiting out the blow and all the fishless trips...the fuel burn is all the same...gotta make hay while the sun shines.

I'd have kept them even if we'd got a good feed of other species and we always practice limit ya catch don't catch ya limit!

well done

cheers

Rhys

dayoo
29-01-2008, 07:37 AM
what sort of boat is it

Fish Guts

It's a 8.5 metre Performance Plate Boat with twin 250 suzukis. See attached photos.

Cheers
Barry

Fish Guts
01-02-2008, 04:36 PM
nice boat. hows the patrol handle it.

cheers

fish guts

dayoo
01-02-2008, 10:02 PM
nice boat. hows the patrol handle it.

cheers

fish guts

The patrol handles it very well although the weight of the boat and trailer come in just under the towing limit. We cruise up the highway sitting on 95ks no trouble.
On extended fishing trips we also take Franks ute to carry the eskys full of ice and fish,

Cheers
Barry

Pistol_P
01-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Super feed there boys.....Some nice size pearls.8-)

Pete

seapup
02-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Good feed there Bazza well done! That boat sure is a weapon!
Cheers,
Benny.

finding_time
03-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Sweet catch Barry for your time limits. For BarryKrocker those small fish are better eatting than the bigger ones. Shows what you know when you call them tiny things

Hey Spiro that what i was going to say!! Give me moses and hussar over those stinkin bl@@dy snapper any day!!

Ian

bondy99
05-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Good effort guys, at least you managed to get a feed. I went out to Barwon Banks with Mooloolaba Game Fish and Reef Charters Crusader III when it was based at Mooloolaba about 12 years ago. Spent $170.00 went out with a 4 meter increasing swell, anchored up on the reef and caught bugger all. The sister vessel, Crusador IV also anchored but too close, almost slammed into each other.

It was a wild and wooly day, I asked if there was any bananas on board, an elderly couple said yes , we have bananas and banana sangas...no wonder no one caught anything, other 24 people were sick as. Cheers, Peter