PDA

View Full Version : caught in the act crabbing need help

Dylan_Rylatt
12-01-2008, 08:20 PM
i did a recent crabbing trip with my mate to bayside wellington point. as we checked a first few pots we glanced up to a jet ski ###### checking our first pot. we motored up to confront him and said hey mate what the #@@$ are you doing dont u dare u check our pots. he is like narr.... i was just seeing if there were crabs in this creek. a few hundred more swear words were exchanged. we realised that this guy might hopefully have a rumble. he came toward us and he saw that we had boating tools on deck... eg ors... calving knifes and what ever else..... we then stated yelling out his rego and he then took off faster than road runner.... we were going to move and restet the pots untill him and his 3 mates came back all with jet ski's. they started doing laps round the baot. they were then quickly reminded who was in the right. we ended up taking all pots home and not re- setting them cause on the way out they decided to cut 3 of my pots off. i have there rego but no pics..... who do i goto to hopefully get them fined???? water police.... police.... fisheries???? so angry atm... anyways a 6hr saok got us 3 bucks 1 being about 1.3kg.... i am tempted to post hist rego on here but i have had time to settle down alas

cheers DYaln

Spaniard_King
12-01-2008, 08:34 PM
give fisheries a call,, they will advise best course of action.

Simmo2
12-01-2008, 10:40 PM
The issue of crab pot theft has been big in the media to date, so a call to the Dept would be the best bet.
Failing that, TodayTonight has been lacking good content lately....

Shore based pots are useless here where we are, but who would think a jetski would pull your inaccessable ones? Is it strontium that explodes once exposed to air???

4x4frog
13-01-2008, 12:35 AM
The issue of crab pot theft has been big in the media to date, so a call to the Dept would be the best bet.
Failing that, TodayTonight has been lacking good content lately....

Shore based pots are useless here where we are, but who would think a jetski would pull your inaccessable ones? Is it strontium that explodes once exposed to air???
I think that's phosphorous. I remember my science teacher in yr10 emptying a whole class room because one stick became exposed to the air.
that would be a neat trick though;D :o

reelemin1974
13-01-2008, 06:53 AM
Find his car at the ramp and hide a few old fish somewhere on his car.

Dylan_Rylatt
13-01-2008, 07:26 AM
we were tempted very much to goto the ramp. settle our differences the aussie way.

FNQCairns
13-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Nothing you can do without video solid evidence, his mates are witnesses in law being on different vessels, so they could even get you charged without any true evidence for near whatever the fell like and can think up, let it ride they are nothing but cowards anyway.

Why is it the bloke who doesn't start the fight but wins the fight that gets charged..??

cheers fnq

Jeremy
13-01-2008, 08:27 AM
that is bloody terrible. A camera would have been handy. Even still shots. At least you have the rego. The authorities will do nothing without solid evidence.

It is up to you (and a few mates)

Jeremy

rayken1938
13-01-2008, 08:57 AM
Dylan
If you are feeling threatened just ring 000 and ask for police and give them details in the spot.
Cheers
Ray

seamaid
13-01-2008, 08:16 PM
::) Hi Dylan Rylatt
Best to go to DPI they take a dim view to crab pot free loaders,they will hand over the water rage to the Water Police, at least you get some professional advice.
I agree with FNQ CAIRNS, yar may win the battle not the war.
Get their Rego's on the books their turn will come.
cheers Ged

4x4frog
14-01-2008, 07:45 AM
Find his car at the ramp and hide a few old fish somewhere on his car.
Just tip some old bait water down the air vents and it'll dry but the stench will remain;D :o

cameron walker
14-01-2008, 10:28 AM
If you throw some rope around the jet skis will suck it up and clog the propollsion.

Tropicaltrout
14-01-2008, 08:48 PM
shoulda put the big buck under his seat in his car, aaah crraaaab I reckon he will leave them alone in the future;D ;D ;D . Go to the dpi

sid_fishes
14-01-2008, 10:13 PM
so what is the rego number.just make it known to all so we dont our pots looked at, as he/them wont be able to see to well anyway

smiley_doobinator
15-01-2008, 09:21 PM
I wonder if they frequent that area often he had what was it 3 mates I reckon we could muster up a few more than that just from here I know i cant stand jetskiers sorry if there are any here but 90% of them are ego driven morons with no respect for other waterway users.

cameron walker
15-01-2008, 10:05 PM
99.9% r #@## wits .I have one for surfing ,fishing and diving and have owned about 10 boats.I get embarressed to tell anyone i own one cause most owners of them have no idea of common courtesy or common sense.They are very dangerous and if u have never owned a boat 4 fishing u should not be able to have a jet ski license,in my opinion.::)

smiley_doobinator
15-01-2008, 10:10 PM
I agree cam and I meant no offence to you clearly you are a resposible jetski owner and the amount of times I have had to put up with having them buzz me while i am minding my own business anchored up outside of a channel or movement area is just rediculous.

bugman
20-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Ring the fisheries hotline and report him.

Give them his rego number and I bet you 99% they will at least follow up with a call. Nothing might come of it this time but he will go on record. You never know he may already be on record.

It will take 5 mins of your time.

Brett

pirate2540
01-07-2008, 09:01 PM
report them , u have nothing to lose. i reported a goose on a jet ski on an extrmely crowded beach last australia day.

tuna boy
24-07-2008, 10:49 AM
dylan......post his rego let everyone know.....as im shore you will agree there is no place for people who lift or even worse steal other peoples pots........had it done to me before and at $65 a pot im over it,but i just live in hope that one day i will have the privilage to catch the low life,and boy is he in for#########################.................post it as you are not in the wrong..........mearly warning fellow fishers.....................ps...... im with smiley................cheers johnno

husserhunter
31-07-2008, 12:48 PM
DYLAN POST THE BLOODY REGO NUMBER I TO AM SICK OF F@#KWITS ON JETSKIS . WHY CANT THERE BE JETSKI PARKS WHERE ALL THESE WANKERS CAN HANG OUT TOGETHER JUST LIKE TRAIL BIKE RIDERS HAVE TO.

Lambsy
23-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Well, been through this before, came across 2 guys in a similar size boat, with one of my pots on board, and the other pot just out of the water with a guy up to his elbow in it.
We give them a hell of a chase, herded them into a fairly rocky side creek in which i did not follow. Waited for them back at the ramp, followed them home.
We immediately called the police while on the water.
The response from police is that they are responsible for theft of the pot only.
The response from fisheries is that they are responsible for the theft of the crab.
My response? I know where you live, I know the boat you drive, I know the car you drive.
Our local fishing correspondent and all round good guy ran a small article on it.
Well, the pots appeared in the creek a few days later;D

dhess
24-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Way to go Lambsy!

Did the cops do anything in the end?

If not you should go burn their house to the ground and piss on the ashes.

ffejsmada
24-09-2008, 07:01 PM
If not you should go burn their house to the ground and piss on the ashes.

HAHA For a crab pot?????? I don't think so.
Get real matey, you're in disneyland.

dhess
25-09-2008, 08:13 AM
I sometimes overreact a little bit.

Old mate wouldn't steal anymore crab pots in a hurry.

trymyluck
15-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Pondscum, thats the only way to discribe them, Personally I would be reporting this to the police, they may not be able to do anything on your report but if they happen to have a few other people make the same complaint about them then it will be a different story. Other then that I've always woundered how much damage one of those large steel spinners with a couple of trebles could do.;D ;D ;D
I know it works on the beach or breakwall when some lowlife jumps in your spot.8-)
Mark

levinge
17-10-2008, 08:24 AM
I'd be lodging a report with the Water Police also as they were using there vessels in an unsafe manner and could have caused a serious accident, give all the details to the cops including a statement from your mate. Cops might get one of them to rollover on the rest for a slap on the hand. Let it slide and some poor bugger with kids in a boat could come to some serious grief at the hands of idiots like these....

You never know, this guy might have done the same thing in the past and cops will have it on record (goes to history)

TheRealAndy
17-10-2008, 10:54 AM
I would not recommend it doing it, but I would have just rammed him.;D

castlemaine
18-10-2008, 04:44 PM
99.9% r #@## wits .I have one for surfing ,fishing and diving and have owned about 10 boats.I get embarressed to tell anyone i own one cause most owners of them have no idea of common courtesy or common sense.They are very dangerous and if u have never owned a boat 4 fishing u should not be able to have a jet ski license,in my opinion.::)
Cameron, I rekcon only 1% are di@kheads but give all jetskis a bad name.
Dylan, report it to Fisheries with rego number, I've had good success with Fisheries with crab pot theft. Cheers8-)

supa29
18-10-2008, 08:34 PM
doesnt it sh.. you i had a similar problem at caloundra but as my tinnie was worth a heap less than his jet ski, he didnt like it after a couple of bumps, and after reporting it to water police, one officer said they are powerless unless they see it. so you have got to stand firm with these dead shi.s. and if all else fails a couple of ounce snapper leads will convin ce him to leave.

stevej
29-10-2008, 08:59 PM
its the pacifist route i know, but these guys are theives is it worth the agro in the heat of the momment you get a fillet knife stuck in you and your kids dont have a father anymore?

they claim self defense as your the one whos chased them back to the ramp

report to the police and fisheries try and get your gear back and hope the judicial system handles it.

have a relative who works in casulity in southern sydney and the victim of crime is normally the one who ends up in hospital or dead.