PDA

View Full Version : Bow mount help

baitwaster
02-01-2008, 10:17 AM
Can a bow-mount electric be mounted off the centreline of the boat/keel ? I have a small bowsprit and roller, and wanted to mount my new electric off centre so that I could keep the anchor roller. It would probably favour turning to port or starboard, but to what degree? - has anyone seen one mounted off- centre?

Thanks in advance....... Shane

Luc
02-01-2008, 10:20 AM
Many bowmounts are installed off centre.

It should'nt be a problem unless you go to extremes.

Luc

Nico.d.R
02-01-2008, 10:41 AM
i think i have seen more mounted on the side than in the centre , if you want to go that way you should get a ally plate that sticks out the front a bit welded on there to mount it to . If it effects the stearing use your outboard to even it up (if it stears better to the left than the right leave the out board turned to the right).

Nico.d.R
02-01-2008, 10:53 AM
if you dont do it this way maybe you can mount it side on but than the lecky will be sitting across the front when it is up and will probly block your view a bit . if you are going to get it welded have i look at spraytech brendale they are pretty cheap and he is good with the welder , he welded a crack in my motor clamp that is cast alloy and i rang about 20 people that would not even look at welding cast ally and he did it for 80 bucks .

Leighton
02-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Mine is mounted off center and also on the diagonal for 2 reasons. Its off center because of the anchor well and on the diagonal because the windscreen is in the way. All works fine, just cuts out a bit of space in the tittie bar...1 less girl ( I wish )

baitwaster
02-01-2008, 11:05 AM
much appreciated - thanks gents.

marty+jojo
02-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Mine is off to the side and works just fine.