PDA

View Full Version : 1st hoo for the season

seamist
10-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Hi all. With a break finally in the weather the call was made for a quick troll off the goldy to see if any speedster were around. So headed straight out from the seaway to the 24's and start to deploy the hard bodies and skirts headed north with not much luck. So the call was made to head to the 36's and start trolling there with nothin much happening a quick snooze was in order while the deckie kept driving us south, when about 10 mins went by a "what was that" shouted from the deckie then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz the middle shotgun went screaming at knots then all of the sudden the outside started screaming as well you ripper i thought double hook up on a speedster with a quick fight a nice size hoo was boated with the deckie still fighting his. After a quick chase he finally had his first hoo. Now he has the bug and wants more. All in a good day with glassy conditions till lunch. Pics to follow.

Cheers Dan

backlash08
10-12-2007, 08:08 PM
nice going dan, is that a mustang behind? if so what size and whats it like? thinking of a 2250 walkaround but havnt been in one?

cheers

Craig

Sandman
10-12-2007, 08:24 PM
good one Dan , seems they are around then

f.t.r.
10-12-2007, 10:21 PM
dan,
lovely fish mate, still waiting for my first, hopefully this season.

craig,
p.m. sent to you regarding mustangs

matty.

MarkLong
11-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Nice, what lure spread did you have?

webby
11-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Ah Dan great going mate,, now we just have to wake that Ray fella up and i see Mike has read this, dust off the skirts and start getting out there.
So Mike and Ray you both ready for some hoo zzzzzz's. Seeing Dan's beat us too it.
regards

seamist
11-12-2007, 05:39 PM
clee I have the 1750 and could be happier rides great and always stays nice and dry in a bit of chop.
marklong had a hard body in the middle behind the motor bout 15mtrs back which had the 1st strike and 2 skirts one either side bout 20 mtrs back which had the second strike.
Webby after ray knew i caught those hoo he is pretty keen as mustard now to get out there so hopefully this weekend.

jarhead
11-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Very nice. Hope to get a few of those myself this summer. Were you trolling at around 6-8 knots or faster?
Wal

Snodger Sniper
12-12-2007, 01:53 PM
never been lucky enough to catch one of those before...will have to get out there again soon...thanks for the post.

Cheers,
SS