PDA

View Full Version : snapper time

gillogs
28-11-2007, 04:41 AM
decided to take advantage of good conditions for a quick arvo session,left beach around 4 o'clock tried a few spots for zero then moved only 850m closer in to a bit of reef that comes up to 20m out of 30ish.first drift & the little spheros has hooked onto a runaway train,was very close to slipping the sea anchor and chasing it before he turned towards the boat and into the net,he certainly went better then the 5kilo he turned out to be.not two minutes later phils rod is arked up with line ripping of it,fish going like the last one,then a few xxxxx's fish bricked him.got two more fish around 3kgs before we turn around for another drift,not 5 minutes into drift both phils rods touching the water i grab one as he battles to turn his and then not again he's bricked again....tried not to laugh too much as the solid bumps of another strong fish have got the rod dancing and then gone...another one does the damage; then ask what sort of leader he's using,and its cheap shit....paid the penalty,could have been 4 or 5 ...5kg plus fish in 10minutes!!!!anyway ya live and learn hopefully,we ended up with 11 quailty reds and three trag thrown in for good measure,great arvo,s fishing will get foggy to post pics soon......cheers gillogs

outsiderskip
28-11-2007, 08:05 AM
hi gillogs
good fishing and quality amongst them
what area are u fishing
pete

foggy
28-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Plastics again I presume. Send me the pics and I will add them for you. Sounds like a great session.

Foggy

foggy
29-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Nice fish Andy. Heres the pics

Sea-Captain
29-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Got to be happy with that result!Have to invest in some better line next time eh?Great session- well done cheers