PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on cruiser 100 fix suspension

Essence
16-09-2007, 06:53 PM
Hi Everyone
Started researching some after market ideas to level/lift the cruiser up when towing a bigger boat or trailer.
Definately don't want the fuss of a hayman reece kit.
Has anyone got airbags inside coils, or
stronger better shocks that have done the job for them?
and does your vehicle still wallow a bit when not loaded?
Thanks in advance:D

Far side
16-09-2007, 07:52 PM
If your in brisbane take it down to carrol springs tell what you are doing with it the then let them go they did a brilliant job on my hilux like a new car

2rods
17-09-2007, 04:50 AM
We had poly air bags fitted to my dads Nissan Patrol for towing a caravan as it was saging in the bum... The oldies didn't want to have a hard ride when not loaded but wanted a level rig when towing....

The poly air bags were the best option for them they were cheap (under $500 fitted)

They are adjustable to various load weights

They allow you a nice smooth ride if that is what you want.

I know a few people who have them now and they all rave about them.

cheers

2rods

Noelm
17-09-2007, 08:25 AM
you will need some extra springs OR some adjustable air bags/shocks, plain old heavy shock absorbers will not help.

Brett1907
17-09-2007, 08:55 AM
If you are towing regularly, go with new supension AND airbag helpers. I have Polyairs in the 'lux and am very happy with them. There are other types out there but I couldn't help with those. As for suspension, the ARB kit using Old Man Emu gear is great. Gives you a bit of a lift and improves your on road handling as well as your offroad ability.

Brett