PDA

View Full Version : mixing in

minno
06-09-2007, 07:23 PM
What can you put into fish cakes to make them tastier. Have tried garlic and chicken salt, but what do you add.

Minno

FNQCairns
06-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Mayonaise works well.

Whitto
07-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Try McCormicks All Asian season blend might be a big help, Cheers Whitto

Ian Persini
07-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Try throwing in some coriander or basil.

Wahoo
07-09-2007, 06:53 PM
minno
try mixing in a small can of safcol chilly tuna, not hot at all but puts a nice flavour in the fish cakes,
i usally also put a can in my 2min noodles

Daz

tunaticer
07-09-2007, 07:23 PM
I add a small can of crab meat in with the fish cakes and gives them a nice balanced flavour.

I also was adventurous one night after running out of bread crumbs and corny crumbs and threw a packet of roasted salted cashews into the blender and used that for a crumb base. Simply marvelous results.

Jack.

BLOOEY
07-09-2007, 07:51 PM
ONIONS are you bunging them in?

disorderly
08-09-2007, 08:36 AM
yeah gotta have the onions and mashed spuds as well.Also like some red capsicum and a squeeze of lemon.
We had some smoked fish left over the other night.This made some tasty deep fried fish balls.
The addition of the chilli tuna or the tinned crab sounds alright too.

Scott

minno
08-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Thanks lads! Some of those idea,s will be going to work tonight. Top stuff!

Minno

mariner_22
15-10-2007, 01:37 PM
use sweet potato instead of plain old spuds you will be surprised on the difference it makes simply sensational

Longshot
15-10-2007, 11:50 PM
Try adding a tablespoon or two of Thai red curry paste and a dash of fish sauce. Then you got "tod mun pla" Lovely.

Volvo
20-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Mint
parsely
wee Bit of onion( if yalike onion??)
garlic
breadcrumb to firm up the fishcake
Your normal salt n pepper.
Its called Fish cake or Fish reeesoles;) , so you dont wanna be spoiling the Fish taste by adding too much of other engrediants ey..
Those above are to enhance or add a tad of flavour to the Fish itself...
Cheers

Volvo
20-10-2007, 10:52 AM
PS reply was meant for freshly caught or frozen fish that you dont intend in turning into fllets fer deep frying or otherwise...
Not canned fish...

pog mo hoin
24-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Thai Fish Cakes
Lets say 1kg fish flesh

Chilli
Ginger
Garlic
Lemon Grass
Kaffir Lime Leaf
Spanish Onion
Fish Sauce
Kejup Manis
Soy Sauce
Red Curry Paste
6 x Egg White
Now all the spice etc you can add to your liking eg: if you are a chilli head add extra chilli etc, but as an overall rule for this recipie I would suggest about a teaspoon of each chopped up in a food processor. Once all is processed add fish cut into little pieces ( so it blends well ) and add the egg whites last. You can add some lime juice and coconut cream as well if you like. Let the paste sit in the fridge for a couple of hrs and then mould into patties and chuck in the pan on the barbie etc. Piece of Piss.

ellykan
24-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Yer Im With Volvo, Finely Chopped Onion, Mashed Spud And A Good Dose Of Parsley Flakes. Bewdiful!!