PDA

View Full Version : Matt's Banks Snapper

Vitamin Sea
19-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Hi all

A bit late, but had to post it........

Went out with the young fella last Sunday to the Banks, around 4pm, after already been done over by a couple of good fish, Matthew brought up this fish, his first good Snapper, went 73 cm's, a bit over 4 kg's.

To say that he was excited is a understatement, as was his Father.

He caught 5 or 6 more, but this was by far the biggest one

Cheers

Bill

-spiro-
19-08-2007, 01:35 PM
G'day Bill i thought i heard your call sign on Monday on the vhf. Was that you? nice snaps there

Vitamin Sea
19-08-2007, 01:59 PM
G'day Bill i thought i heard your call sign on Monday on the vhf. Was that you? nice snaps there

Hi Spiro

Yes, that was me, came in Monday after lunchtime, give me a yell next time

Cheers

Bill

SWANY22
19-08-2007, 02:12 PM
mate he looks stoked well done i wish it was me.

wadeo
19-08-2007, 02:20 PM
well done Bill nice fish wasn't it like a car park out there on sunday. boats anchored that close to us that we could here their voices. Made it difficult to pull the anchor with boats so close in front of ya and beside ya. still agreat day but. Did ya fish the shallows for them lot?

Wadeo

snapperbug
19-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Nice snapper, they are some bizzare markings I don't think I have seen vertical bars like that before on a snap.

Vitamin Sea
19-08-2007, 02:40 PM
well done Bill nice fish wasn't it like a car park out there on sunday. boats anchored that close to us that we could here their voices. Made it difficult to pull the anchor with boats so close in front of ya and beside ya. still agreat day but. Did ya fish the shallows for them lot?

Wadeo

Gidday Wadeo

If only conditions were like always like that, best I've been out in for a long time.

Yes, there was quite a few boats around, I tended to stay away from them though, that fish was caught in 50 - 55m on a small bombie, most of the other ones we got were on gravel beside a bombie in 80 meters ( hard work )

Where were you?

Cheers

Vitamin Sea
19-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Nice snapper, they are some bizzare markings I don't think I have seen vertical bars like that before on a snap.

The pics were only taken on a phone, the colours on the fish were pretty well the norm

Cheers

Searaider 2
19-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Geday Bill ,
Looks like Mathew was showing Dad how its done .8-)

Good fish , I'll bet he's still got the smile on his face .

wadeo
19-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Gidday Wadeo

If only conditions were like always like that, best I've been out in for a long time.

Yes, there was quite a few boats around, I tended to stay away from them though, that fish was caught in 50 - 55m on a small bombie, most of the other ones we got were on gravel beside a bombie in 80 meters ( hard work )

Where were you?

Cheers
We started on shallows about mid way up and then went east of top of banks.(a bit quieter up there boat traffic wise). Enjoyed excellent conditions. head for home around 230pm .Makes me quiver when ya see some size boat's some fisho's managed to get there in.:o

Vitamin Sea
19-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Geday Bill ,
Looks like Mathew was showing Dad how its done .8-)

Good fish , I'll bet he's still got the smile on his face .

Hi Peter

If catching fish like that maintains Matt's interest in fishing, he can outfish me any day, better than sitting around watching the idiot box or playing games on the puter.

This is another first he caught earlier in the year, kept talking about how it went for weeks, just on 3 k's, he can't wait to get another one.;D

See you at prison tomorrow::)

Cheers

Bill

MEGA'bite
19-08-2007, 04:03 PM
good onya bill looks like i started something :) . welldone to the young fella Adz

Homer_Jay
19-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Nice one Bill.

I was down your way Thursday arvo to pick up my tank. Gave ya a call but you must have been at work........

I gotta make a trip down that way again soon so I will see if we can catch up then..

Cheers

Vitamin Sea
20-08-2007, 10:24 AM
Nice one Bill.

I was down your way Thursday arvo to pick up my tank. Gave ya a call but you must have been at work........

I gotta make a trip down that way again soon so I will see if we can catch up then..

Cheers

Sorry I missed you Aaron, hope the tank has worked out for you, catch up next time

Cheers

Homer_Jay
20-08-2007, 06:36 PM
Yeah tank was great. Really nice bloke to deal with and did everything exactly how i wanted it.

Thanks heaps for the referal.

Cheers
Aaron

skipjack
21-08-2007, 10:46 AM
Matt you won't forget that one in a hurry, well done nice fish.