PDA

View Full Version : NSW Fisheries Bragmat

banshee
10-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Along the lines of the very popular NSW Fisheries stickers Fisheries has produced a bragmat made of a good guage vinyl.On the bussiness side is a rule in millimetres out to one metre that has maybe a dozen tips on how to maximise a fishes chances should you choose to catch and release but the flip side is what's impressed me with a ready reckoner type scale accompanying each colour plate of the more popular species that gives an estimated weight for length.The one I got my hands on today is one of very few released to guage interest,unfortunately these will not be free but I'm led to believe cost will be caped at between seven to ten dollars.They do lack size and bag limits for each species but I'll be able to live with that.

ffejsmada
10-07-2007, 07:49 PM
That's brilliant isn't it?

Now we just need Queensland DPI&F to get onboard.
I'd rather use one of those instead of a large conglomerate companies, giving them free advertising everytime you photograph a fish on them.

Jeff.

finga
10-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Some of the money collected from the license fee going to good use :)
The stickers they produced were also brilliant :)

Chris Ryan
10-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Maybe you will get your wish in Poodroo's fishing for a cause..... :D

wamjam
10-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Great idea but its not long enough bragging should start at a meter.
wamjam

Raesen
10-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Banshee. Off to NSW for a couple of weeks next week. Any idea where I can purchase one of those. They are a great idea.

Can't believe that pollies in some quarters are putting back the money they raise through fees etc rather than jamming it "consolidated revenue" for some other junket. You would nearly vote for them on that front ??????? ::) Maybe not!!! :(
Cheers
pete

flyfisho
10-07-2007, 09:29 PM
What an excellent idea , I hope it takes off in Queensland

banshee
10-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Banshee. Off to NSW for a couple of weeks next week. Any idea where I can purchase one of those. They are a great idea.

Can't believe that pollies in some quarters are putting back the money they raise through fees etc rather than jamming it "consolidated revenue" for some other junket. You would nearly vote for them on that front ??????? ::) Maybe not!!! :(
Cheers
pete

G'day Pete,mate I have no idea on their availability,fisheries droped this one off to my mates old man and asked him to give them some feedback through my mates shop and the local Sports Fishing Club,from what I can gather there should be some available shortly but I'm not sure,best bet would be to contact a NSW fisheries office for the facts,the one I've got goes back tomorrow worst luck.The photos I posted of the flip side don't do the mat any justice at all as there are about nineteen differant plates/tables along it's length.

Raesen
10-07-2007, 09:50 PM
Banshee
A bit like a "thanks" but no "thanks" on this site. :D

Mate as I said I am in NSW next week and I will try to find out something about these because they are a great idea.

If I hear anything I will send you a PM on my return in early August.

Cheers mate and really - thanks.
Pete

Mattg68
11-07-2007, 12:42 AM
they look the goods that's for sure Banshee. the lack of bag limits I say would be delibrate as to not limit the life of the mat. gotta love a product that has colour pics on it.
Matt

_Dan_
11-07-2007, 07:28 AM
Im down in NSW this weekend for a few days, i will see if the tackleshops down there stock them, i have one of the other ones already but they look like a good idea.

rob tranter
11-07-2007, 07:40 AM
Hi all

Mine arrived in mail Monday night
They've supplied one to each registered fishing club for a look see and then if more required they're available through Fisheries at 5 for $33.00, at $6.60 each they're fairly cheap.
If they're the same as the origanal but smaller version then they are garaunteed by the manufacturer to be acurate to .05 of 1mm.
Hope these help
Rob8-)

TheSaint
11-07-2007, 08:28 AM
Great idea.. i'll be buying one!

Ian1
11-07-2007, 08:42 AM
If it doesn't have size or bag limits I don't see why we can't put it to good use in Qld (except its a bit short for up here;D ).

If anyone knows where I can order a single one, please let me know.
Or if there are any enterprising members out there that can order the five then I will happily buy one for 10 bucks. Just not sure how legal it would be to resell them.

Cheers

Ian