PDA

View Full Version : Theft

GAFYM
22-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Put in at the boat ramp in the Boat Passage at the mouth of the Brisbane R. on Thursday 17/5 at 0500.
Had a good day too, good Snapper, Pearlies and Tuskies however on return found that someone needed my $500 dollar spotties off my ute more than i did. Rang Port Security and asked "Can u check the cameras pse"
Errrr No, unless you get the Police to make an official request.
OK, I'll do that.
Errr, you do know that the camera was probably pointing the wrong way.
Gee.>:( >:( >:(
If anyone knows of a set of LIGHTFORCE spotties for sale let me know

:'( :'(

bushbeachboy
22-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Hey Gafym,
Mate, I feel for you. Make a formal complaint to the Police, and ask them to check the camera footage for you. It might have been pointing the right way, and you might end up with some compensation.

ashh
22-05-2007, 08:39 PM
dude that sucks, keep an eye out on e-bay, seen a few for sale and they seem to be a VERY popular item, especially lightforce brand HTH

russ81
22-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Hows it going mate
I am getting sick and tired of s#it being stolen at boat ramps
I would love to start a company that secures boat ramp car parks.

Russ

JEWIENEWIE
23-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Not a stupid idea mate, install some security camers, patroll popular ramps at night, and make it known that the area is under camera survelance? If anyoone is already in the security patroll business it would make a good add on, they are already driving around checking premises.
Jewie

Aussie Spirit
24-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Hi Gayfm, It makes it a very expensive day getting gear knock off when your away. Its robbery just paying for the fuel these days. Good idea about security at the ramps. I would most diffently use them.

GAFYM
29-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Fellas,
Tis a great idea about Security at boat ramps, but who pays?
Do we have a payment to use ramps?
Does the government pick up the tab?
Do they bring in a licence fee for salt water fishing?
GEEZ, dont give them a reason.
You can bet people would start to scream if there was a charge put on the use of public boat ramps.
I know i bellowed when i was charged $20 to use the ramp at Runaway Bay and lost the winder off my trailer winch (which was probably my fault anyway) and they did nothing.

Dan5
29-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Mate they did it at some boatramps in Darwin,caretaker and such .The little bastards were smashing windows stealing anything and also burning car's $15 buck's is good piece of mind when there is idiot's like that around and some one know's if ya not back on time also. Cheers Dan.........

Jus74
04-06-2007, 12:58 PM
Hi Gafym,

Not good what has happened. I had my Rhino Rod/snowboard holders cut of my roof racks at the same boat ramp. Fools didn't realise that the way they cut them makes them now useless. Luckily for me there was no rods in them. If you ever manage to catch one of the little fella's, do as your name suggests.

Justin.