PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Cat With 50 4st Sun Coast

gavsgonefishing
16-04-2007, 08:30 PM
my boat, a very modified markham whaler 4.3 (but in reality 4.9 plus pods) was stolen this morning. It has two 50 4 st motors 2003 models and a new trailer it has the bimini top with all the stainless. This is a one of a kind boat with SLACK ATTACK signwritten down the sides. It was travelling past cabulture heading south at about 8.30am this morn. It pasted the gateway at just after 9.00am. It was being towed by an XD white panelvan. I have more details if required, if you know the CXXXXS I need to know
Gav 0429091902, or gavhancox@ozemail.com.au

Hamish73
16-04-2007, 08:36 PM
that really suck mate, hope you get it back!
Hope she was insured

FNQCairns
16-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Mate very sorry to hear of your loss, I remember the blood sweat and tears you put into it, was not just another bought clone, you must be gutted, best of luck in your search, going to be reborn in NSW? they will get a shock when they advertise it, will keep a lookout.

cheers fnq

Heath
16-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Bastards!
Have you got a pic?
Out of interest what sort of security did you have on it?

gavsgonefishing
16-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Heath, had the towbar lock on it, the ones the ins co want instead of the chain and lock, and guess what, it was opened up and left n the footpath.

They are absolutely not worth anything. (maybe 5 minutes of time, no noise)

Do not depend on these as a security item.

gavsgonefishing
16-04-2007, 10:32 PM
nq, nice to hear from you again, know the setup unfortunately.The guys fr SCGFC was more intouch with where the boat was going than the cops unfortunately, makes you scream really. They were good after the fact. Actually had a car following the ......................... but coulnt get the police to act ....VERY FRUSTRATING.

blaze
17-04-2007, 06:36 AM
I also remember the blood sweat and tears put into ya boat, just hope they get the pricks.
blaze

gavsgonefishing
17-04-2007, 06:41 AM
found the boat, motors, radios gone,

FNQCairns
17-04-2007, 07:25 AM
Great news Gav! just fantastic!! Motors are just motors one the same as another. When you come down a bit would love to hear the story.

cheers fnq

DR
17-04-2007, 08:22 AM
nq, nice to hear from you again, know the setup unfortunately.The guys fr SCGFC was more intouch with where the boat was going than the cops unfortunately, makes you scream really. They were good after the fact. Actually had a car following the ......................... but coulnt get the police to act ....VERY FRUSTRATING.

if you had someone following, why wouldn't the police phone ahead to a local station to pick up the mongrels??
send a complaint to someone.:P

good to hear you got it back, hope it was insured..

gavsgonefishing
17-04-2007, 06:12 PM
DR, dont want to go into the details over the net, but did make a complaint, and hopefully the outcome will change the situation with the lack of response in the future
Gav

gavsgonefishing
17-04-2007, 06:23 PM
Boats at a mates place south of brissy, they tried to torch it, luckily idiots like this dont have any sort of brain between them, they missed the boat.

Its missing the hydro steering, all gauges, both motors, batteries 2 x vhf radios, cd.

Its definately fixable, and hopefully the ins will come to the party with the existing bits.

Heath
17-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Mate, glad you got it back, alas minus some donks.

Was this the type of lock you were using?
http://www.supercheapauto.com/images/100084-TRAILER-LOCK.jpg

bugman
17-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Gav,

I remember seeing her before you started.

It would be a shame to have something you've poored so much time and effort into to be wasted by such wankers.

Motors can be replaced - the hard work can't.

If you catch up with Brooksy I'll get the low down from him this weekend.

Brett

bootyinblue
17-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Gav,

Interested to hear via a PM about your complaint and possible situation changes. As you probably know I have a vested interest in it......

FNQCairns
18-04-2007, 03:22 PM
Sometimes I think the only thing that motivates the police these days is media, shame someone didn't mention to them that channel 7 is sending the chopper out to follow - now that would have got their attention, we would have those crooks out on bail ATM and your boat in one piece at least!

Very interested to hear how you get on Gav!! suspect divided as we all are it will come to nothing as virtually all complaints do that have not got media or an important advocate (VIP) behind them.

cheers fnq

bootyinblue
18-04-2007, 07:59 PM
Sometimes I think the only thing that motivates the police these days is media, shame someone didn't mention to them that channel 7 is sending the chopper out to follow - now that would have got their attentiona

Now thats a bit harsh.... Did you know that QLD is the only State in Australia without a dedicated Police Helicopter? Perhaps some lobbying to the Pollies might get one up in the sky and some offences like these are solved sooner rather than later, with Mr Grub still sitting in the drivers seat!

We cant be everywhere at once, but a helicopter can cover greater area quicker than we can on the road....

gavsgonefishing
18-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Heath, thats the one, save your money and leave a sign "take me" instead , its a cheaper exercise.

Booty, I do not know where you fit into things, but be careful about sweeping statements about they cant be everywhere. In my experience (which I will PM you over the next couple of days) I would say that "they cant be anywhere", would be more appropriate, even when given advanced notice of where the grubs were going to be.

I have a sneaking suspicion that now the boat has been found, that will be the end of the investigation, even though there has been 4 other boats gone missing in this area, and unfortunately one of them was successfullly burnt.

There are a heap more boats in the area, which I would like to see safe from these mongrels.

FNQCairns
19-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Yeah bootyinblue a helicopter would be good as long as the 'brass' so to speak were banned from anywhere closer than 50m to it at any time.

Gav wonder if the engines plastered with data dots (or just the sticker) would have had any effect?

Problem being virtually every part is sellable, being 4 stroke for big dollars, more than the new cost of the motor if the crook has the time.

Not sure what you can or cannot say but what area was it finally located in?

cheers fnq

bob f 57
19-04-2007, 04:21 PM
why cant the police buy there own helicopter from the camara cars they hide everywhere oops hush my mouth i bet if it was a policemans boat that had been stolen they would have been there like a shot
or am i being un fair
cheers bob

Tangles
20-04-2007, 10:13 PM
Bob, think your a bit unfair there mate,

Bob H
26-04-2007, 10:25 AM
[quote=bob f 57;606182]why cant the police buy there own helicopter from the camara cars they hide everywhere oops hush my mouth . thats an easy one to answer, the money they collect doesn,t go to them, it goes to queensland transport,and if they didn,t have camera cars,the roads would be worse off for speeding drivers,then you would really have something to whinge about,they dont bother me cause i dont speed,simple as that. bob h

bootyinblue
26-04-2007, 10:15 PM
why cant the police buy there own helicopter from the camara cars they hide everywhere oops hush my mouth i bet if it was a policemans boat that had been stolen they would have been there like a shot
or am i being un fair
cheers bob

Bob, so called camera cars are owned, operated, and funded by Queensland Transport. You just see a Police Officer sitting in the vehicles, but he or she is being paid by Queensland Transport. All the revenue from these vehicles is used for administration and road funding improvements. There is a simple way not to whinge about these cameras.... dont get caught by them!

bob f 57
28-04-2007, 09:32 AM
guys i have not got an issue about camara cars really because they do save life,s
but its the sneaky way that they set them up that gets my back up thats why people have a dislike to them for instance i was clocked doing 62 in a fifty zone the policeman was standing under a overhanging tree and clocked me coming down hill ok i was over the speed limit it was easly done we all do it but a $250 fine is a bit much, to me that is entrapment and they wonder why people moan
cheers bob

disorderly
28-04-2007, 08:04 PM
guys i have not got an issue about camara cars really because they do save life,s
but its the sneaky way that they set them up that gets my back up thats why people have a dislike to them for instance i was clocked doing 62 in a fifty zone the policeman was standing under a overhanging tree and clocked me coming down hill ok i was over the speed limit it was easly done we all do it but a $250 fine is a bit much, to me that is entrapment and they wonder why people moan
cheers bob

The world would be a far better place if people accepted responsibility for their own actions and didnt blame others for their own shortcomings. Bob,you broke the law and got busted. Deal with it,mate. cheers scott

bootyinblue
28-04-2007, 10:02 PM
cheers bob

Hey Bob

Bet you have never sped past that tree again huh? Just in case I or another Copper is standing there waiting for you to come past breaking the law.....again.

bootyinblue
28-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Oh and Bob,

If you are in QLD then 12kmh over the limit and $250 fine do not add up? Were you doing a few more than 12 over the limit or are you just talking up the money amount to plead your case?

Black_Rat
29-04-2007, 12:23 AM
Gav,

A mans true reaction to catching them in the act should not be taken for granted for finding out who they are ! :angryfire:

EDIT: Flogg em'! before the law says "Guilty" they'll get a slap on the wrist ::)

Flogg them and you may well end up in court ! For What ?

I was learning him RESPECT ! ;D

bob f 57
29-04-2007, 04:07 PM
this could go on forever the fine was $250
i have been told that the police are not to be hiding when they are using a radar trap yet the tinker that got me was. and you lot wonder why i moan
cheers bob

SeaHunt
09-05-2007, 12:52 PM
A few facts, Speed camers cost about a quarter of a million each and they raise hundreds of millions of dollars for the state government each year. If noone broke the speed limit then state government would have to raise other taxes or go broke.
They want you to speed (a bit anyway).
Most people going a few k's over are doing it in a place that is perfectly safe to do so , but they are breaking the law.
This every K over is a killer campaign is complete rubbish. They are just trying to justify the fund raising, with some brain washing. They often show a predestrian getting run down, when I was young it was drummed into us to look both ways before crossing a street, the onus was firmly on the predestrian not to walk out in front of a car regardless of whether it was going at the limit or a few K over.
Experienced drivers know what is safe, it is suicidal travelling even at the limit on some winding roads, while going 10 or so K over on other straight roads is perfectly safe. But you know where they will set up the speed cameras. There are really only a few limits, 50, 60, 100 , but there are hundreds of different road conditions and situations.
There is no science behind establishing the limit.
The car I drive now will stop in half the distance the old holden with drum brakes I had in the 70's would , roads are better , but the limit has remained much the same.
If every K over is a killer then why not set the limit at 10 k, then nobody would be killed.
I do not generally drive around above the speed limit , but not because I think it is unsafe, Its just that I do not want to contribute to the Govt coffers.
Don't get me wrong there are idiots out there going at rediculous speeds and endangering their own and others lives and they should be put off the roads, but they represent a very small percentage of those being fined for exceeding the limit.
And remember you are more likely to die from suicide than a road accident in Australia.

Marlin_Mike
09-05-2007, 03:28 PM
And these posts have to do with a stolen Cat because?????????????

-spiro-
13-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Agree this blew out......Gav you up and back in the water? Whens our next m&g on? pm me if interested.

Jeremy
15-05-2007, 02:50 PM
A few facts, Speed camers cost about a quarter of a million each and they raise hundreds of millions of dollars for the state government each year. If noone broke the speed limit then state government would have to raise other taxes or go broke.
They want you to speed (a bit anyway).
Most people going a few k's over are doing it in a place that is perfectly safe to do so , but they are breaking the law.
This every K over is a killer campaign is complete rubbish. They are just trying to justify the fund raising, with some brain washing. They often show a predestrian getting run down, when I was young it was drummed into us to look both ways before crossing a street, the onus was firmly on the predestrian not to walk out in front of a car regardless of whether it was going at the limit or a few K over.
Experienced drivers know what is safe, it is suicidal travelling even at the limit on some winding roads, while going 10 or so K over on other straight roads is perfectly safe. But you know where they will set up the speed cameras. There are really only a few limits, 50, 60, 100 , but there are hundreds of different road conditions and situations.
The car I drive now will stop in half the distance the old holden with drum brakes I had in the 70's would , roads are better , but the limit has remained much the same.
If every K over is a killer then why not set the limit at 10 k, then nobody would be killed.
I do not generally drive around above the speed limit , but not because I think it is unsafe, Its just that I do not want to contribute to the Govt coffers.
Don't get me wrong there are idiots out there going at rediculous speeds and endangering their own and others lives and they should be put off the roads, but they represent a very small percentage of those being fined for exceeding the limit.
And remember you are more likely to die from suicide than a road accident in Australia.

Top post. Summs up my thoughts on the matter perfectly. I would particularly like to highlight:
This every K over is a killer campaign is complete rubbish.

Sea-Dog
16-05-2007, 02:12 PM
or am i being un fair
cheers bob

A workmate had her purse, cash and jewelry stolen from inside her house whilst she was in the shower and hubby had gone out for a jog - leaving the garage door open.

Her next door neighbour had his police ID badge and other stuff stolen at the same time.

They caught the little w@nker the next day. Apparently his prints had been found on burglaries up and down the coast. He was only the "footman" doing the bidding of his bosses. The bosses of course, are never caught.

The ID badge was not recovered. I wonder if little mate "tripped over" a few times after his arrest ;)

preso
23-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Hope you get the boat back!!!!!!

Crocket
04-06-2007, 12:33 AM
Hope you get the boat back!!!!!!

Mate, re-read the thread... he already has the boat back... minus motors and stuff

You would have been better writing... "Hope you get the thieves gonads in a jar!!"

Wahoo
04-06-2007, 09:21 AM
this could go on forever the fine was $250
i have been told that the police are not to be hiding when they are using a radar trap yet the tinker that got me was. and you lot wonder why i moan
cheers bob
LOL you also were taught/told NOT to speed and you was ;D;D;D

Daz

Jus74
04-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Gav,

Sorry to here your bad news.

I just want to say to every boat owner BE CAREFUL. I believe that boat theft is on the rise and is becoming more brazen. I live on the Redcliffe Peninsula and about 2 weeks I saw a couple of suss looking chracters sitting across the road from my house pointing at my two boats ( 4mtr Clarke tinny and a 4.5 mtr Stessco Runabout) . Personally I don't believe they were just admiring them. I watched them for a while (4-5mins). They took off and about 5 hrs later just on dark they returned. This time I thought attack was the best defence and went down to ask them what they were looking at. As I approached them they took off very quickly. I think they were eyeing them off as all of my cars were out and it looked as though no one was home. I park my private vehicle in front and chain my hound to them now.

Once again Gav, my sympathy goes to you and hope for a speedy return of your boat.

Cheers mate,

Justin.

mini696
07-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Gav, glad to hear you got the boat back, it was looking a bit of a mess last time I saw it -with the back end missing and all-.

I hope you get back on the water soon, and your insurance covers the lost gear.

Raesen
08-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Oh and Bob,

If you are in QLD then 12kmh over the limit and $250 fine do not add up? Were you doing a few more than 12 over the limit or are you just talking up the money amount to plead your case?

Bootyin blue

if this is the case was bob more than 12/15/20Km or whatever it is to get fined 250.00 or the police lying.
It has to be one or the other!!!!
I also thought that monies from fines went straight to consolidated revenue as they do for penalties under WH&S legislation prosecutions. Perhaps if the money did go to main roads (traffic offences) and/or Detir (WH&S) we would all be better off on the roads and at work.
One thing I'm with you - dont speed -don't get fined.
Pete

disorderly
08-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Bootyin blue

if this is the case was bob more than 12/15/20Km or whatever it is to get fined 250.00 or the police lying.
It has to be one or the other!!!!
I also thought that monies from fines went straight to consolidated revenue as they do for penalties under WH&S legislation prosecutions. Perhaps if the money did go to main roads (traffic offences) and/or Detir (WH&S) we would all be better off on the roads and at work.
One thing I'm with you - dont speed -don't get fined.
Pete

Dont hold your breath for an answer Pete.
It appears that booty has been given the boot.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/undecided.gif

gavsgonefishing
12-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks to all concerned, dont really understand how half the crap written was anything to do with a stolen boat, should try your own post.

boat is having a severe makeover at the moment as I thought it was a good opportunity to upgrade etc etc. The ins co was very good and speedy. I hope to have it back in the water before the sailfish shootout in Sept.

Gav

Chris Ryan
20-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Well a good outcome gav overall. I have one of those locks on trailer.....looks like I will be looking for some alternative now. Thanks for letting all know what they cracked to help us out with out rigs. This is why Ausfish is so good - sharing info.

As for this seemingly never ending want for people to get off topic....what gives?

kingtin
28-06-2007, 09:30 AM
As for this seemingly never ending want for people to get off topic....what gives?

The net is no different than conversing in a pub. People watching/listening is enlightening and it never ceases to amaze me how people drift off topic in everyday conversations.

Anyways, enough of that.........what about the price of rhubarb at the moment? Bloody ridiculous eh? ;) ;D

kev

Chris Ryan
28-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Don't get me started on rhubarb!!!! rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb

Cheaper to buy Petrol, although its cheaper than water. How about the footy? Isn't the weather unpredictable? Sorry, what was the topic again.

rhubarb

Chris :D

Marlin_Mike
29-06-2007, 07:46 AM
Rhubarb??????????????????? MAn, what about the price of sex in Czekoslavakian brothels........................... up 30 poionts............damn inflation.

Grandma used to make a mean rhubarb pie...i personally love the stuff

Mike

Greg P
29-06-2007, 08:15 AM
Never rub another man's Rhubarb :-X;D;D;D

Chris Ryan
29-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Rhubarb??????????????????? MAn, what about the price of sex in Czekoslavakian brothels........................... up 30 poionts............damn inflation.

Grandma used to make a mean rhubarb pie...i personally love the stuff

Mike

You crack me up mate - Class 1A, 24carat GOLD again.

BTW - I hate rhubarb......never been to a Czek brothel either but daresay the "inflation" they get wouldn't be argued too much :P