PDA

View Full Version : information gps offshore fraser island

swordie
05-04-2007, 09:45 AM
:D I am fishing the fraser classic this year and looking for any information on the offshore fishing the area.Am towing up 7mt plate
I am all geared up and looking 4 some were to go
Am going up 2 more times this year any bommies or wreck marks would be great

BRING ON FRASER:D :D :D

Any_Weather
05-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Swordie, mate good luck getting anyones marks for the comp. When you see how many boats are there and the mayhem there is in the mornings launching, you will have plenty of time to find out what direction most of the boats head. There is sooooo much good ground up there you will have no trouble finding fish if you have any reasonable sort of sounder. Generally people head either NorthEast to the North Gardener banks or SouthEast to the South Gardener banks. Some people head straight up North and some go alooooong way South. There is sooooo much ground.
Mate, what day are you guys heading up? We will be there from the Tuesday before the comp starts till the Sunday after it. Are you camping or in a house? We will be camped up near Ocean lake somewhere. We may see you during the show.

Lee

swordie
05-04-2007, 01:28 PM
Lee we are heading up on tuesday as well staying in a house at Orchid Beach should se you on the way up

bullant_2401
05-04-2007, 02:34 PM
Marks,gps Marks For The Fishing Classic!!!!! Haaaaaaa Haaa Hhaa Heeeeh Eeeeeee Hhheeeeeeeeeh Oohh Ooooooooohhh Whaaa Hoo Ahh Aaah Thats A Classic You Are One Funny Man Good Luck With You Mission

vertico
05-04-2007, 07:58 PM
have a look at a good chartplotter and look for bommies and good contours
goodluck

Megafisk
05-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Hi Swordie - no marks but some tips - between North and South Gardners 40m zone you'll find Red's (see attached photo) On the 50-60m eastern edge of North Gardners you'll find Coronation Trout and Cod (see attached photo) Pearlies on the 100m (same photo). Go north to isolated pinacles for your pelagics as well as close in to Indian Heads and Waddi Point. Wish I was going - maybe next time.

Have a great time.

swordie
06-04-2007, 08:48 AM
Thanks Megafisk great info looking foward to putting some of those red on the boat

dorotich1
06-04-2007, 03:50 PM
sent you a c ouple of spots

gawby
06-04-2007, 05:06 PM
Mate,

Go to Marinews.com
Click on the Qld part of Australia and then click on F/I
There should be enough marks to get you going there.

I have a special bombie mark that you can have if you bring me back a big one.

I have a mark for the bait grounds at waddy if you want it.

Graeme

gawby
07-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Sent you a pm on those marks. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Don't tell anyone or they might want them to. Or they might come and park ontop of you like some did to us the last time up there because their marks were no good.

Graeme

reef_king
07-04-2007, 04:39 PM
what species you targeting? as different areas hold different species.

WaWa
07-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Hey Swordie

Check out the local fishing website fishntales. Bloody good site. The info you want is here->http://www.fishntales.com/gpsmarks/qld/herveybay.htm.

Have a look around, loads of useful info.

Good luck and tight lines.

swordie
08-04-2007, 08:48 AM
what species you targeting? as different areas hold different species.
we will be looking for reds and trolling for wahooooooo probably outside gardners ,and runing up the edge of the shelf
Any more info would be great
thanks reef king

swordie
08-04-2007, 08:50 AM
Hey Swordie

Check out the local fishing website fishntales. Bloody good site. The info you want is here->http://www.fishntales.com/gpsmarks/qld/herveybay.htm.

Have a look around, loads of useful info.

Good luck and tight lines.
thanks for the info wawa

moparrob
08-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Should be a good comp i'm going up for the first time we are staying in a house/shed i will be in a 5 metre clark abolone we are tagging along with a mate in a 5.2 metre riptide he knows quite a few spots so we will see what happens i can't wait
Rob